But that was supposed to taste good!

Sari9Sari9 Raw Newbie
I am 3wks and a few days raw and although I am feeling pretty good in comparison to 4 weeks ago, I am starting to get bored in my recipe list. I eat a lot of the same things daily but given the post I read on whether or not it's ok to eat an avocado every day, I decided to try something different. Unfortunately, 30 minutes of prep later, I was sitting in front of a nasty conglomeration of foods I enjoy on their own and a meal I couldn't palate more than 2 bites. I almost cried because seriously..."you were supposed to taste good " (I really said this to my food) I threw it away and made guacamole. I've never gotten this far on raw and I have major medical issues I'm needing to heal, so I don't feel close to handing in the towel...I just wish it was second nature to eat this way...I hate thinking about eating and thinking about prep and putting something together.
ClaireT

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Aw. It will become second nature after a while. You just need to accumulate a pile of reliable and favorite recipes. Hang in there!

Matt_Raw
  • CatherineRCatherineR Raw Superstar

I'm laughing at this post in the nicest possible way, because I can SO relate. Raw prep takes a fair amount of time, and when the flavors don't come together it's seriously frustrating. It's to the point that if I don't trust the author, I don't make the dish. Well, actually I'll try them once, but they only get one shot. I've blacklisted a few of the biggest raw vegan names out there because their recipes are crap.

The Rawtarian's recipes, on the other hand, are phenomenal. 

TammiTrueClaireT