Why Raw Vegans East SO Many Bananas?

ayjayroseayjayrose Raw Newbie

Hye ya'll! I've been vegan for 12 years and just took the plunge to raw 2 months ago and am LOVING it! I watch a lot of raw vegan youTubers like Kate Flowers (who i adore!), but am really surprised how many bananas she and others consume in a day. I know they are cheap and filling, but from my research, they are not the healthiest source of potassium and fairly high in sugar. Just wondering if everyone else knows something I don't about the banana consumption! Thank you.

ClaireT

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Welcome to the community! 

Bananas are filling and add that something extra to smoothies, but I agree that a balanced diet is important. 

• emilytiddlywinkemilytiddlywink Raw Newbie

kate flowers seems so lovely. i think because bananas to many people are the most accessible, cheap, versatile and dense staple...they are also easy to store and grow all year.

when you live in a warm tropical climate you have many different thai species of bananas which all are unique in taste and texture and very different from the cavendish ones sold in most supermarkets.

You don't have to have bananas as your staple <3 i suppose it is what you personally resonate towards. Although I have access to incredible species of bananas, my staples in australia are the many species of pears and local papaya instead.

ClaireT