Fruitarian and fruit variety

PastelrosedreamPastelrosedream Raw Newbie
I am thinking of becoming a fruitarian, but have some questions for other fruitarians that are here. First one: How many varieties of fruit should one eat? Second one: Can one live on stape fruits and just change up when they find other fruits? I like a good amount of fruit but am afraid if i dont eat like 100 varieties of fruit then i will be deficient.
Harmony1

Comments

• Lisa:)Lisa:) Raw Newbie
    You can very well live on some staple fruit and occasionally add others. I think everyone does that, eating more of their fav fruit or of whatsin season and inexpensive. Don't you think? You could check if you get all the nutrients with a calorie counter like chronometer. It all depends on if you get your micronutrients. For example, my current (!) staples are apples (okay, these are the only all year staples for me cause I love them too much), apricots (in season), and berries. But I also eat lots of veggies abd leafy greens of course, actually more than fruit. My mom on the other hand, lives off of mostly bananas and melons (also on season) which I both don't like as much but eat occasionally. Everyone has preferences and that's okay.
    PastelrosedreamHarmony1Matt_Raw
  • PastelrosedreamPastelrosedream Raw Newbie
    Yeah, i guess i just thought i'd always have to eat exotic fruits constantly or something. I currently eat veggie stir fry so i dont dislike vegetables, but am going to slowly become fruitarian, because i enjoy fruit more i suppose. :) About apples, i never really liked them, do you think its because i haven't had a proper ripe one? Thanks for responding. :)
    ClaireTHarmony1
  • Lisa:)Lisa:) Raw Newbie
    As I said, I think everyone has preferences so maybe you just don't like apples. I also only like varieties which are slightly sour. Today's fruit that you buy in the supermarket today is sweeter than it used to be centuries ago, so I don't like these overly sweet modern varieties like the Pink Lady apple either. However, if you can you should try apples from a local farmer or if there are apple trees in the neighbourhood, pick one there if you can. These apples (or this applies for any fruit) tastes so much better than those from the supermarkets. The flavor is much more intense.
    PastelrosedreamHarmony1
  • Matt_RawMatt_Raw Raw Jr. Leader
    I currently eat a lot of bananas to increase my calories. You should check out the channel 'Sweet Natural Living' on YouTube. They are fruitarians and talk a lot about mono meals, and eating large quantities of a select fue fruits. Like banana, Mango, papaya, coconut.
    PastelrosedreamClaireT
    K, i will. Thank u.
    ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

The exotic fruit section in the grocery store always keeps me entertained. It's not my main staple, but it helps to mix things up a little. Star fruit is a good one. :)

PastelrosedreamHarmony1
    ClaireT said:

The exotic fruit section in the grocery store always keeps me entertained. It's not my main staple, but it helps to mix things up a little. Star fruit is a good one. :)

What are your main staple fruits? And how many do you normally have?
    Harmony1
    Starfruit sounds good. What grocery store do you go to?
    Harmony1
    Starfruit sounds good. What grocery store do you go to?

We have a local food co-op that I get exotic fruit and staples from. I use the farmer's market for the rest. We have such a great one. 

Matt_Raw said:
    ClaireT said:

What are your main staple fruits? And how many do you normally have?

That depends on the season! My diet is fruit-heavy in the summer. We have some great plums, oranges, apples, blackberries (wild picked when I have time), persimmons (my favorite), peaches... the list goes on. 

Fantastic! I've grown a new love for persimmons too. I suppose I was most curious since this is a fruiterian thread, so I'm wondering if you would ever eat any of those fruits as one meal? For example 10 persimmons for lunch.

Probably not :) I used to have trouble with my blood sugar. Haven't in years, but I still worry about mono eating. You really can have too much of a good thing. Variety helps to even out the nutrients. 

Matt_Raw