Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Anyone meditate?

Lately been pretty into Zen meditation that is just simply sitting and being present and trying to be more aware and open to the vastness of what it means to arise and fall away each moment. A lot has opened up for me in understanding what my real identity is with this simple thing and just spending time with myself in kind of a concentrated way has felt really therapeutic. Kind of has solved a lot of stress and meaning issues for me.

Also think the Jhana stuff is pretty cool in like deep meditation.

I am hoping to maybe spend some time at Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery in America to focus on meditation and see how deep I can understand about myself and life. Also would be really into doing like a long retreat at a forest monastery or something.

What about anyone here? Into meditation or any other stuff like that?

ClaireTTammiTrue

Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

The monastery should be a great experience! 

TammiTrue
  • lovineverythinglovineverything Raw Newbie

I know I am really excited!

ClaireT
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I think that anything that lowers stress in our modern life is essential. It is so important to stop and just breath in nature sometimes. 

ClaireTbettyklee
  • bettykleebettyklee Raw Jr. Leader
    TammiTrue said:

I think that anything that lowers stress in our modern life is essential. It is so important to stop and just breath in nature sometimes. 

I concur. I used to meditate in my room, sometimes for 10, 20 minutes, sometimes an hour. The best experience was when I felt a great gratitude - I don't know how to explain it but it spread to every cell in my body. It's similar to the way you feel when you're thirsty and drink a fresh, tasty juice. Now I replace that with walks in the nature, or sometimes just with sitting under a tree. Same mental effect and I get more sun and oxygen:) 

TammiTrue
  • bettykleebettyklee Raw Jr. Leader

My yoga trainer takes a meditation retreat every other year. She said it takes great patience, self control, persistence to overcome the first few days, but you'll be able to "see" which parts of your body need better care and attention, and if you have been loving yourself enough. She highly recommends it.

TammiTrue
  • goddesslovegoddesslove Raw Newbie

I love meditation! I have been doing it for years and it has brought amazing benefits to my life!

ClaireTTammiTrue

Meditation helps me regain my energy on stressful days. I couldn't imagine life without it. 

TammiTrue
  • phoebe17phoebe17 Raw Jr. Leader

I haven't tried meditation. I can't find a good and comfortable place to do it. 

ClaireTTammiTrue
    phoebe17 said:

I haven't tried meditation. I can't find a good and comfortable place to do it. 

I know how you feel. Sometimes there is just too much chaos around me to find that place of quiet and relaxation. 

phoebe17
  • phoebe17phoebe17 Raw Jr. Leader

We'll figure this thing out. I am in need of inner peace since I'm stuffed with so much burden that came from overthinking and anxiety. 

ClaireT
  • DiorellaDiorella Raw Jr. Leader

I like meditating in the morning. I just sit in one room, where I am alone. I feel so good afterwards. I feel positive right after meditating.