Has anyone had a false negative parvovirus b19 test (adult)?

lynneblynneb Raw Newbie

Hi..... Started with a throat infection....in day 4 developed severe joint pain in thumb!...doc did blood test which showed inflammation and referred me to rheumatologist. By this time, the pain was in other thu mb and both wrists! Rheumatologist only wanted to inject steroids but thumbs were too sore so I agreed to injection in bottom which did absolutely nothing! After a few days, I wondered whether I had human parvovirus as I work in a school and quite a few of my children had had this....slap cheek in children! My gp  agreed that it was a possibility and did a blood test which was negative! I just want to know what is wrong with me! I now have the agonising pain in both knees and they are swollen! My hands are so bad i can't hold phone at times.! I am on paracetamol, codeine and naproxen which takes edge off pain for a few hours! I have been off work for 4 weeks now and go back to see rheumatologist on monday! I am thinking as a last resort of doing a water fast! But I still think that the could be parvovirus! Has anyone ever heard of a test being falsely negative? Thanks...x

ClaireT

Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Ouch! I hope you find some answers soon! It sounds like an immune reaction to me.