Emotional/Feeling Crazy After Eating Cooked Food

lorraineblorraineb Raw Newbie

Hello!

I am new to raw. I've been following 80/10/10rv for over six weeks and have not been eating any overt fats.

My boyfriend is also trying to be fully raw. We have been low fat vegan for almost three years.

I have felt very good eating all raw. However, yesterday I had a terrible stomach ache. Fruit seemed to make it worse. In the end, I cooked some (totally plain, baked) potatoes, as I thought that would possibly help the stomach pain. And it did. BUT immediately after I was in such a bad mood! And today it has continued...I have a gluten intolerance, and I used to react similarly when I would unknowingly ingest gluten.

Basically, I feel really angry, frustrated, tired, unhappy, depressed. I feel like I want to break something to let my anger out. Want to fight with my boyfriend. Is this normal?? Can this really be from eating a few cooked potatoes?!!

I feel like a crazy person!! Please help! I want to eat primarily raw, but thought I'd be able to eat cooked foods on occasion.

ClaireT

Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

It's possible. Food and mood are so closely linked. I hope you're feeling better!

lorraineb
  • lorraineblorraineb Raw Newbie

Thanks so much for your reply!

I think it's possible too. But can't find anything about it online, where anyone else has felt the same. (Although for the gluten reaction, there are a lot of people who react similarly). Anyway, it just makes me think I need to stick to being fully raw! And try not to eat any cooked food, even once in a while :) 

ClaireT