Raw soups.. what am I doing wrong?

Lisa:)Lisa:) Raw Newbie
Hey :) So I've been raw since 10 months now and vegan for 2.5 years. Before going raw I absolutely loved vegetable based soups, creamy ones, those with veggie stock, with legumes... everything. And I knew what herbs and spices to use to make it taste good. Same goes for my daily raw salads and dips. But I'm missing my soups. I've tried making raw soups by following recipes of others, experimenting on my own... yet, every time the result was disgusting to me and Idk why. I have a high speed blender that makes them smooth and creamy and can slightly warm them up, that's not the problem.. and I know which herbs and spices I usually like in soups and salads.. but something just tastes WRONG and disgusting about blended savory veggies. For example, I might blend mushrooms or carrots or tomatoes and then I add celery (as a savory component) and fresh and dried herbs, e.g. parsley, cumin, cilantro, basil, oregano, dill, thyme, tumeric.. Maybe I should add some lemon juice as s sour component? Or do you have any tips for more creaminess without adding lots of fats? I've noticed fat sources are a tasty addition but I don't want to go overt on fats either. Maybe it's also because the soup isn't HOT like I ussd to love my non raw soups. Non raw souls that had gotten cold tasted disgusting to me as well. But then I'll never be able to enjoy soups again :( Becaise now, after months of being raw, ALL cooked foods taste bland and disgusting to me, so I can't occassionally enjoy a non raw soup either. Any advice?
ClaireT

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I've had good luck using cashews as a base, but they are a bit heavy. I like the idea of adding lemon or lime. I'll have to think on this one.