Calorie counting

NickNick Raw Newbie

What do the calories mean for us? It’s the determined amount of the energy that we can get from the food. Every product has it’s own energy value. So, it’s important to keep in mind how much energy do we consume from the food. Sometimes eating too much doesn’t mean eating a great amount of food. For example, a handful of nuts can consist of more calories than a can of beans. That it’s better for us to track food and know for sure how much energy do we really consume.

The normal calorie intake rate for an average human is 1500 kilocalories a day.  The rate varies from each person individually and depends on his physical activity, gender, genetic factors and etc. To make things clearer, the main thing we should know is that eating more calories than we can burn can cause to the overweight. If we eat more calories than we need the surplus turns into fat. Conversely, if we eat not much less than our needs than we tend to lose weight

So, that is why it’s important to keep in mind how much energy do we consume from the food. Sometimes eating too much doesn’t mean eating a great amount of food. For example, a handful of nuts can consist of more calories than a can of beans. That is better for us to track food by the special calorie counters.

ClaireT

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I used to count calories carefully in the beginning to make sure I wasn't starving myself or going insanely overboard with the food. 

These days I can kind of gauge it without having to count.