Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Help! - severe bloating

2»

Comments

• Hi Kellyjunes, sorry i disappeared for a while.

The relief was somewhat temporary. I mean, the bloating is a little better but it is still occuring.

The HCL I am taking is Betaine Hydrochloride (1.3g) with Pepsin (260mg) made by Tyler. Please know that pepsin is not vegan (or vegetarian for that matter). I will try this for one more week and then I will go to my regular doctor to have the usual battery of tests.

I also did add a probiotic supplement and have been taking grapefruit seed extract once a day.

Sorry I couldn’t report better news! Have you had any luck with other methods?

Christine

• Christine, I actually have been having better luck. I do not know however what has given me success. I have made a lot of changes to my diet:

-getting more greens in whenever possible -taking folate, b-6, b-12, chromium, magnesium, niacin supplements with water first thing in the morning - taking probiotics and enzymes with my meals - drinking more fluids: Yogi Get Regular Tea, ginger tea, green juice, green smoothies, and water -eatting raw until dinner and then having a bulking half cooked meal at night and following up with lots of fluids for example: 2 steamed sweet potatoes mixed with A LOT of raw kale, zucchini, and garlic I also have been trying to incorporate more calcium and omega-3s into my diet: lately I have been making a pudding consisting of chia seeds, water, carob, stevia/agave, coconut oil, and salt this have gone down very well - Finally, Bee pollen in my food

Also, I went to a naturopathic doctor. He said I might not be producing hydrochloric acid, but he is more concerned that I have not had my period in over a year. He thinks that my hormone irregularity might be causing this, so I have been incorporating maca into my diet. He also told me that I was close minded in that I did not want to eat meat/fish… he was not too raw friendly and thought that it was not appropriate for a 16 year old girl like myself… he kept telling me that it was not good to refuse to change and that I needed to alter my diet, and I started to tear up and told him that I could never come to eat animals. I did though say that I would change my diet and this is where I am right now. I know that I am eating cooked food, but it is steamed and I do feel that right now, it is the right thing for me. I am feeling a lot better, and Christine… don’t get too down, stay positive, try new approaches to your eating habits, follow what feels right to you with no regrets, and soon you will get over this. I wish you the best of luck!!

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I fight the same problem and have tried everything. In addition to the abd/intestinal bloating, I also suffer severe fluid retention. I’ve known about ph balance for awhile and never got serious about checking.I just assumed that I’d be OK because I do eat a lot of veggies. Unfortunately, I also eat alot of acid producing food. I’ve only been raw 1 mo (with 2 slip-ups). I’ve been eating a lot of green smoothies, but looking back, way too much stuff like really raw rolled oats, tons of nuts,and raw chocolate powder. I just got a ph test kit from Naturalzing.com and started checking myself and low and behold, I’m pretty acid! The best time to get a true metabolic reading is first thing in the am. I am running about 6 to 6.2 (ideal is 6.8-7.2) When I slipped up and ate SAD food it was of the processed kind and very acid forming. I jumped 3-4 pounds overnight. I think it’s my body’s way of helping to buffer the acid waste. I am 42 and a screening bone check using my heel showed me borderline low (-0.9) so I’ve probably been fighting acidity for awhile. Bloating is one side effect of this problem. I’m hoping I get somewhere with this because I’d really like to be able to button my pants again and keep 1 size of clothes! Keep us posted on your progress.

• debrahann and Christine, I forgot something. debrahann reminded me though. Before I recently altered my diet, I have been consuming a good deal of raw cocao. I love cocao and making raw treats with it. I have been making icecream, the macaroons from Raw Food Real World, and chocolate pudding and mousse. After thinking about this though, I remembered that cocao is an acid-forming food. This was a major problem for me, but I have been using more carob instead and I think that this really helped me. I know it is not the same, because I was not very fond of the taste before, but on onluckyduck.com, Sarma sells a really good, rich, sweet carob powder from Spain. Carob is alkaline-forming, has no caffiene, and is high in calcium. I thought I would never say this, but I think I may have come to like it more than cocao and I feel sooo much better when I eat it. Oh, and it is like half the cost of cocao! Hope this helps.

• CABCAB

Hey, I’ve also tried to go high raw and found I was so bloated and in pain that I had to include more cooked. Partly due to bad food combining. But what I’ve found is that since being high raw (I eat porrige and rice,rice cakes and some other food too) I think there is something wrong, if my poo/gas smells, whereas before it was normal for it to, thats what I think people are use to that they think it is normal for yours feaces to smell but In a way I believe it shouldn’t. What I do now, I am trying not to eat onions and garlic which i’ve found incredably good at preventing gas, and I know that purticular smell now too. lol But I think my mum is the same we can’t tolerate the onion family also my sister was eating loads of hummus and wondered why she had so much gas and smelled I told her lay off the hummus and it went does anyone have any opinions on this subject that onions and garlic are a suitable health food??as I know some people are against them. I also take probiotics but I don’t know if they help. also from Vega food supplement has enzymes too…but I may still be detoxing so I don’t know what may be happening or not lol :S , or eating foods that are probiotic i think papaya and fennel are and they taste great anyway. has anyone got any opinions on using cayenne for warming the stomach which is suppose to help with digestion ? I think?? Sorry alot of stuff there but I want to know about other peoples experiences/views on these subjects Cheers!