Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Terrible slump

Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

I’ve been feeling horribly down today… Could be a number of reasons… Schedule change at work that makes me work an evening shift (ending at 11:30) right before a morning shift (starting at 7:30) which means there’s one day a week I don’t get to sleep, on what might be a regular basis. Could be that there was no sunlight in days now. Could just be general stress in life. I don’t know. But I feel I have no one I can talk to and I need cheering up, very badly. Anyone?

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I am so sorry to hear that! I know that schedule changes can be really rough on the system. Have you just had over cast skies and that is why the sun is not out (I know you live in Canada, right, just not sure where, so didn’t know if it had gotten to that time of the year that the sun doesn’t really come up). Well what ever the reason, I sure do hope that you start feeling better. Maybe have some nice goji juice or coconut juice!

• I’m feeling kinda in a slump today, and lately, too. I’ve got my own reasons, but I think a big part of it is that the sun is around less and less these days. :(

Just think of all the wonderful things in life. How blessed you are, and how fortunate… when things really could be much worse. I always think of my family, friends, pets especially. Then of course munching on some good food helps (which is a rarity when most people are down, me included :( )...

So take a minute today to meditate on positive things, and positive things only. If a negative thought comes in, replace it with a good one. Even if its just for a little while, hopefully it will raise your mood. You could also try smiling, maybe even dancing to some upbeat music. Or a nice bath?

Whatever does it for you, feel better ::hugs::

• The good part of it is you will emerge from the slump, and soon straighten up again in the light. You’re taking good care of yourself.

There’s a line from a Rilke poem I like, something like:

“Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final.”

I love the end line.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Thank you everyone for your help. Spiritedmama, I’m in Winnipeg, and it’s just very overcast right now and rainy. Not pleasant at all. I need the sunlight so much, I feel like I amI’m quenched when I finally get some, so right now I guess I’m starved for it. I’m at work and an old man I had checked in, told me “once you get going you can really smile!” I thought that was quite sweet and cheering. I do feel much better.

• lstorzlstorz Raw Superstar

it’s good to know that misery has company! LOL - i’ve been in a slump today - mostly overworked and not having time to recharge my batteries.

one of my friends always reminds me that “feelings are not truth” - that even though we feel horrible, it is actually really just a feeling that, as hard as it is to believe at the time, will change into a different feeling. it’s okay to feel down, especially when the sun is setting earlier and earlier now - that’s when you sometimes just have to take extra care of yourself.

hang in there. and maybe cuddle with a cat in the meantime (they’ve definitely got life figured out).

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Morning_theft,

Well, your photo cheered me up. It looks like the cat I had when I was in college years ago, exactly like him. He was the best cat ever, and your picture was an upper for me. I don’t know if that cheers you up, but I hope it does, even a little.

The lack of sleep can cause that down feeling. It will pass once you get some rest. Take it easy as best you can, and don’t believe the feelings.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

For you, greenie, a picture of bender in his favorite throne :c)

• Bender has a twin in S. Fla named Harley :) I find watching a movie that makes me laugh picks me right up. Sending you warmest wishes from the Sunshine State…

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Blender has some more twins here. My kitties Peanut and Woog both look very similar to Blender. Pean used to like to sit in the sink too. :) She is very small so she would fit perfectly!

I’ll change my picture to Woog’s picture. :) She was trying to lick the digital camara which is why her picture turned out so funny – she is too curious for her own good!