pearss

pears are in season, and so i couldn’t resist buying an ENORMOUS amount of beautiful organic locally grown pears at the market today. however i’m stumped with what to do with them! does anybody have any good pear-based recipes?

Comments

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

You could make a pear sauce in the food processor.I love apples,pears and flax seeds in the morning.Also pear,apples,grapes and water is an amazing smoothie.Or even,pear pie :almond,dates,little salt and cayenne for the base. Pears and dates for the topping,and you can even pour some cashew cream (cashew,dates and water in the blender).Very delicious !!!! You could even have some pears with your salad. Very taste!!!

• I posted this one and it is my favorite: http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/1158-Pear-Banana…

I also wonder if they would be yummy chopped and tossed with a sauce of frozen raspberries and a little sweetener like agave if that is too tart?

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Great! I’ll do the pear and rasberries sauce.

• One of my favorites is pears and papaya in the blender w/ ginger to taste. Garnish with some small sprouts or blend them in. Add coconut oil if you need more fat. Fruit soup!

• Make a pie! When I was little, we had a pear tree in our yard. My Grandpa used to slice pears, top them with cinnamon and warm them. Yummy!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

You can make pear leather (blend 2 pears and dehydrate them).

• When I cook sometimes I grill pears on the bbq with a sweet and sour and sprinkled with cayenne. I wonder if you could do something similar by spreading pear chunks with sweet and sour, add a little cayenne, and eat raw of dehydrate just enough to make warm. I dunno, just an idea.