My candida diet/cleanse...

Ok, so as of yesterday morning I’ve put myself on an anti candida diet. I’m not eating fruit, starchy vegetables, sugar, or anything with flour, wheat, or gluten. I’m also taking psyllium husks and bentonite in water twice a day. I got these ideas from this website www.wholeapproach.com. Anyways, Apart from being starving all day yesterday and craving sweets and bread more than I ever have in my life, I also spent most of the night with a horrible headache, sweating like a pig, and trying really hard not to puke. I had no idea this was going to be so horrible. I’m not giving up yet though, and I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Comments

• Thanks for the encouragement! I’m feeling a lot better today. Plus, my husband is being really awesome about eating things that I can eat with me for dinner and such.

• Thanks for the encouragement! I’m feeling a lot better today. Plus, my husband is being really awesome about eating things that I can eat with me for dinner and such.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

FleshMechanic that sounds like something I’ve done before! The psyllium seed husks with liquid bentonite.

I did this at a mission… but it was part of a bigger program. First thing in the morning I did a salt water flush (2Qt – I think)... then after (important, AFTER) I flushed, I took the psyllium & bentonite with some diluted juice and guzzled it… I took other stuff during the day (this was also key, so I didn’t feel miserable like you describe)... and I drank tons of water all day – one gallon by the middle of the day or early afternoon.

Then (the important part), the next morning, I did another salt water flush (pretty sure it was 2 Qt)... to help flush out the psyllium and bentonite (?) since I heard you really don’t want that hanging around in your intestines.

You should really have someone who knows what they’re doing to help you with this!!!!! I only did this for 3 days… and other stuff the other 7 days… but it was intense, so I had supervision. Forunately, they knew what they were doing… so I wasn’t wiped-out, in bed… which is something they said would happen if I didn’t have certain supplements… maybe one of them was electrolytes. I don’t know everything they gave me.

BTW, I’m doing something similar… stopping/limiting my intake of fruits, sweets, grains… for a while. I get kinda bloated, and I think it’s all the sugar I eat. My weakness. I find that doing a salt water flush has helped… but I only do that about once in a long while. Not sure though… I haven’t done it enough to know for sure if that helps. I should just stop eating all that sugar… that should help.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

It’s HEdoubleL when the little yeasties are screaming out for their favorite foods! Drink lots of water and green juices and/or smoothies may help you here. They also thrive in an acid environment so alkalinizing your body with the juice/ smoothies helps here, too. You may also be detoxing in general which makes it even more fun. Hang in there, it does get better!

It’s HEdoubleL when the little yeasties are screaming out for their favorite foods! Drink lots of water and green juices and/or smoothies may help you here. They also thrive in an acid environment so alkalinizing your body with the juice/ smoothies helps here, too. You may also be detoxing in general which makes it even more fun. Hang in there, it does get better!

• Hi FleshMechanic!

There is a great book out there called “Rainbow green live-food cuisine” by Gabriel Cousens. the first part of the book is kind of an introduction to live food cuisine and so on, and more than half of the book are recipes. He explains that our bodies are “composting” the food we eat, and he is explaining a dietary plan to stop the composting process, and also to get rid of candida (which might be the same thing..hehe). There are three phases – phase 1, phase 1.5 and phase 2. You are supposed to start out with phase 1 and then stay there for 2-3 months or longer before you upgrade. Really interesting. And he lists the recipes that goes with each phase. Lots of great recipes here!

Good luck!

Love and light.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Thanks, satnam. I have that book too! I did read about the “composting” and the menu for the different phases… but I haven’t tried it. I don’t know that I have candida… but, I know I eat way too much “sugar”. FleshMechanic, I’d be interested to know if you try this method… and how it works for you! Please keep me posted. I’m going to look at the recipes for section one when I get home. :o)

• Dont know if i have candida either but have def had the symptoms. Lately i have not had an allergic reaction so im guessing things are fine. I do crave sweets like crazy though and rarely crave anything healthy. I did take a spit test queenfluff talked about in another post and from that test it showed i did have traces of candida. Thanks for the book satnam i may take a look at it and try some of the recipes also.

• The whole three phase thing sounds similar to what I’ve been reading on wholeappoach.com. I’ll definatelly have to see if I can find that book to though. I’m five days into my cleanse now and I’m actually feeling pretty good. I still have really low energy some of the time, but I’ve also had some periods of high energy. Sugar/starch cravings are still pretty bad though. I think I will add in a morning salt water flush. No point in cleaning out the candida just to leave something else in its place. I’d love to discuss all this with a Naturopathic doctor or something but I really don’t have the money to go see one right now, so I’m just trying to listen to my body. I think I’ll be able to tell if something I’m doing is too hard on my body. By the way, on top of all that I stopped taking my BCP’s cuz I’m sick of putting hormones in my body.

• FleshMechanic, I’m sure your body is quietly celebrating for what you are doing! In the Tree of life book I was talking about,Gabriel Cousens says that after doing the de-composting thingy, you’re supposed to be craving-free.. He’s having a totally different approach to the raw diet than anyone else I’ve heard of – for example Frederic Patenaude says that if you’re craving sweets you’re not eating enough fruit. (well ofcurse, fruit is sugar, and if you eat enough fruit you will satisfy your sugar cravings :) Well, Cousens says that we should have as little sweet fruits as possible, kind of. And more of the vegetables. I know that I am not ready for this yet at all. I’m not even ready for being 100% raw, but something inside me tells me that he is into something that sounds right. -YES to a life free from cravings :-D

Good luck you! :-)

• I had a pretty bad case of Candida. I tried a Candida diet/cleanse once (similar to what you described— but no supplements), and found that it was really hard to eliminate those foods while continuing to eat. I did a four-day water fast (it was my first fast, I was aiming for seven days), and I have had zero symptoms since. Its beeen over two months. Good Luck! I hope things are getting better.

• I’m new, just joined, to this forum. I’ve dealt with various levels of candida in my system since i was a child. Psorasis, fungus on my fingernails, rashes, ear infections, digestion issues, mood swings and the like. I’ve tried my own low carb/low fat plan (turkey, chicken, egg whites, low carb vegies), and it works but gets old and doesn’t seem realistic in the long run. I am currently trying to eat somewhat vegan and mostly raw vegies and high fiber/non wheat sourced carbs. I need more ideas. Help?

I second Satnam’s reference to Gabriel Cousen’s book.I also deal with a low degree of candida and horrible, uncontrollable sugar and starch cravings. I am trying to go this route, but usually end up eating too many nuts. I guess this is a process, right? The other thing I think is very important is the ph of your body and the acid/alkalinity of your diet. I have been checking myself recently and I run acid despite eating a lot of greens and veggies. It can take months though to rebalance so I am trying to be patient. Candida likes an acid environment and some of the other problems you list could be due to overacicity.

• It’s been 2 weeks now on my cleanse/diet! I’m feeling really good. Tonight I’m going to cheat for the first time though and im going to do it like i mean it, with a romantic dinner with my husband. hehehe. Hey, sometimes you just have to give yourself a break right? Anyways, I feel great and I’ve lost a little weight which isn’t bad. I haven’t had any mucous coming out or anything though so I’m not sure whats up with that. But the sugar/starch cravings are pretty much gone. I guess my best advice to anyone trying this sort of thing right now would be to read all the labels on anything you eat or better yet, make everything from scratch so you know whats in it. Also, watch out for a lot of the non-wheat grains as well because many of them are also high in gluten. Here’s the avoid list i’ve been going off of: Wheat Organic Wheat Cous Cous Bulgar Wheat Semolina Wheat Durham Wheat Malto-dextrin Barley Kamut Oats Rye Spelt Whole grain pasta from any of the above Yeast including: Bakers yeast Brewers yeast Nutritional yeast Yeast-leavened bakery products Yeast containing vitamins (look for those labeled

• james1585james1585 Raw Newbie

I have been doing the diet for a month now, and I feel very good, I miss fruits though. Have you also done colon cleanse? I am taking Naturalmax Enerix and Vitalix, these are cleansing and detoxifying, and very good. I chose this, because it is natural and especially recommended for candida.