Skinny going raw

My wife is 5’4 100lbs (sometimes less) and wants to join me in going raw. Her main concern is, she has fast metabolism and she can easily loose alot of weight by not eating enough calories/day. So if she goes raw, she can loose alot of weight just like I did and she doesn’t want to loose anymore weight as she is already skinny. Is there any way to go raw and maintain her weight at the same time? Any suggestions of what food she should have? Thanks.

Comments

• Maybe adding more fats (like avocado, coconut, oils, nuts, etc.) while she is transitioning might help. As long as she eats more than just green leafy vegetables, I would think she should be ok. A friend of mine who is really really small had been under a great deal of stress and had lost a lot of weight (She is 5’2” and was down to 89 lbs fully clothed on a doctor scale). Eating 100% raw for one month actually helped her gain weight, and she is up to almost 100 lbs now. Still tiny, but better.

I hope this helps.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

She hasn’t tried it yet! There is no knowing what will happen. Maybe her being a little on the light side is an imbalance which going raw will rectify. I have read a lot of people’s testimonies about how going raw helped them gain weight. Being raw is the healthiest way to live, whether she loses weight or gains it she will feel better than she ever has done before.

BTW I went up 2 bra sizes after going 100% raw! I never thought that would happen. I weigh the same now as I did when I was cooked but I am 2 dress sizes smaller. Looks like the weight is in the right place now!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

This is all very interesting!

I am 5’2” and I had a cleanse done about the time I was almost 2 months raw. After the cleanse I weighed down to 88lbs. I wasn’t eating a lot of greens, but definitely eating a lot of nuts/grains/seeds. Prior to the cleanse I was 94 lbs and the cleanse dropped me down to 88lb.

Anyway, I went back to eating more cooked foods because I didn’t want to lose more weight… but honestly it had more to do with my strong craving for cooked food.

I think weight loss is expected while detoxing/cleansing… and weight gain comes later. At least that is what I understood from Paul Nison’s book.

I’d be curious to see how it goes. Because I want to eat more raw again… but, don’t want to weigh 90 lbs.

• The Nutman has a podcast on gaining muscle mass on the raw food diet. He provides good tips that can help anyone who’s raw and interested in gaining muscle weight. Basically the key is to work out and eat within 20 minutes of the workout. Check it out (http://thenutmanshow.mypodcast.com/2007/09/The_…)