Tomato paste

Does anyone have a raw recipe w/o the known toxic ingredients like salt, garlic, spices, onions, vinegar, for tomato paste. I believe the cans of tomato paste are made from cooked tomatoes. I wanted to create a pizza kind of wrap with tomato paste and sweet peppers all wraped up in a romaine leaf.

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

well, when i blend soaked dehydrated tomatoes with a little fresh tomatoe it tastes VERY tomato-pasty. very simple. nothing else needed.

• Thanks for that! Would sundried tomatoes be as good as dehydrated? I do not have a dehydrator.

• I always use sund dried tomatoes, organic, to be sure they do not have any sulfur. Yes, it will turn out to be perfect. I also blend some sun dried tomatoes with some fresh ones to get tomato paste, spread and deep. I add a bit of lemon juice and some parsley and basil. Very delicious.

• I tried this with ‘Organic Dried Tomatoes’ from Trader Joe’s. The results seemed to look like tomato paste but the taste was a little on the bitter side, the worst part was after eating this on a salad I got stomach cramps. Maybe the dried tomatoes were dried at high temperatures and were not raw, which explains my stomach ache. How can I get some sweet organic sun dried tomatoes which were not dried at high temperatures? I know what some of you will say and that is to add sweetener to the tomato paste but the only sweetener that I approve of in my diet is dates and dates do not combine well with tomatoes (acid fruit and sweet fruit). I know that certain varieties of tomatoes exist that are very sweet and those would be best to use for this recipe.

• I get my sundried tomatoes in bulk at my local health food co-op. They are not dried at high temps and have no sulfur.

SoCal – I have also had the organic dried tomatoes from TJs. They were very weird for me. Usually when I soad sd tomatoes the soak water turns pinkish… when I soaked the ones from TJs the water was instantly black! That didn’t seem right to me, and they tasted different too, so I just haven’t used them again since that one time.

I agree with the posts above that soaking sundried tomatoes and blending are like paste. Adding a fresh tomato is yummy too.