What helps heal scars

Do you know of any thing natural for topical or some incredible food that helps heal scars? I’m not a very cautious person and I’ve gotten into lots of scraps in my time and it would be neat to heal some of the scars I have better. :)

Comments

• Vitamin E rich foods, here a list: Asparagus, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Celery, The Green Leafy Veggis [Collard Greens, Kale, Mustard Greens, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Turnip Greens, Watercress], Sweet Potato, Flaxseeds, Apple (with skin), Avocado, Blackberries, Blueberries, Goji Berries, Kiwi, Mango, Olives, Papaya, Tomatoes, Nuts [Almonds, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Pistachios, Sunflower Seeds, Walnuts], Sprouts [Alfalfa, etc.], Peanuts, Spirulina, and all the good nuts oils and Wheat germ oil. Not too sure of a instant topical fix but you might try coconut oil and an avocado mask, for example. Hope this helps. :-)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

MSM. It is believed that the reason we form scars in the first place is a deficiency in MSM.

I have been using MSM lotion on my acne scars for many months and they have greatly improved in appearance. Take it internally too (it is available in powder or capsule form – don’t take the pill).

I use the MSM lotion from David Wolfe’s site – it is available in many yummy smelling flavors too. :)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

you can also get vitamin E oil in a little bottle and rub it on the affected area.

• I do the vitamin E thing sometimes. But I’ll probably try it again. Where I live we have lots of barbed wire fences and I have a little habit of running into them, accidentally of course. :0) That MSM lotion sounds interesting. I’ve heard of it. But do you know exactly what MSM is? I’m afraid I don’t.

• Hi Sky Princess :)

I had so many scars and stuff, but have found that with all this raw eating, they seem to smooth out… just a thought

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

MSM is organic sulfur. It is very useful for scars, nail and hair growth, arthritis and a number of other things.

There are several thread on here about it. I would do a search and read up on it.