Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Self Sufficiency on a Balcony

Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Here’s an interesting article I just read:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/environment/selfsuff…
It gives some nice ideas for ways to optimize your growing space and how much of each food to plant.

Or you can also grow your own almond tree. . .

Comments

• MopokeMopoke Raw Newbie

Thank Raw_Chocoholic I just read this and saved it for future reference. The author,Jackie French is an Australian permaculturist. Now I am inspired to do some gardening….. and also wondering if it is possible to be a city-living raw foodist with a tiny backyard without getting supplies in from other lands….. (hmmm and she doesn’t even mention sprouting!!)

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Cool, I have to read that article… we want to plant a garden… sometime when we buy a new place. (in a condo right now)

• There’s a book called “The Bountiful Container” which is dedicated to growing food in containers only. It’s an amazing resource.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Thanks for the tip, mmtol. Is this for indoor or outdoor growing… or maybe it doesn’t matter?

• What a great article! Although I can’t grow most of those things in the northeast USA, I have grown lots of things successfully in containers. I put several large containers in my driveway and fill them with plants all summer. Once i started doing it, I was amazed what things I could grow in a container!

Missi