Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How much do you sleep?

rawgirl1976rawgirl1976 Raw Newbie

I would really like to know how much those who are 100% raw sleep at night. I am pretty close to 100% (Still drinking green tea in the morning and cheating on a meal about once a month) When I ate cooked food I had to have at least 8 hours of sleep and never felt good first thing in the morning. Now I only sleep about 4 or 5 hours and can’t wait to get out of bed.

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I’m 100%, and I love my sleep and I can sleep up to 9 or 10 hours. But the difference is that when I only sleep 3 or 4 hours like I have been recently because of being busy, it’s no problem, and I feel exactly the same as if I had 9 hours. I used to feel terrible if I didn’t sleep enough, even getting nauseus and feeling faint, but now it’s no problem.

• PamPam

Interesting topic… I’m definitely wondering, too, what the experience has been. Initially, I was sleeping 9 or 10 hours a night. I had been taking sleeping pills prior and had been troubled by really bad insomnia for over a year. I quit the pills cold turkey and my body just couldn’t get enough sleep. All I needed any time of day or night was a place to lay my head and I was out! Now, I’m down to less than 7 hours a night. The first time I went raw I was at 5 to 6, but can’t quite get there now.

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

About six hours on average. An hour or two less than when cooked. I think this is because the quality of my sleep is so much better. I sometimes ‘sleep through the night’ now – I very rarely did when cooked. Also, when I was cooked I used to have to drink lots of water through the night (presumably because my diet, including a couple of alcoholic drinks a night, dehydrated me!). Because of that, I’d also have to get up in the night to use the loo. I don’t have to do either any more thanks to the water I’m getting in my food in the daytime. I usually get up at 5 am no matter what time I go to bed, and hate sleeping ‘late’ till 6 am – I feel I’ve missed some of the day!

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

in the beginning i only slept about 4-6, now i’m like clockwork, 8 hours almost to the minute

• I used to need 10hours of sleep at night, and I still fell asleep during the day and felt tired all the time. Since I am raw I sleep 6.5-8hours though I train every day (long-distance running + spinning) and I work and currently I am also doing 2 courses at college.
    Raw food is like a drug! I am constantly flying and cannot quit.

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

Further to last post, realised that I didn’t read the question properly. I’m only 95% raw. I’d really like to be getting up at 4 each morning, so perhaps when I’m 100? :-1) My husband’s the opposite, a night owl. We have been known to bump into eachother when he’s been going to bed and I’ve been getting up. I’m usually in bed by 11 pm, but if I have cacao in the evening I’m awake until the early hours so I just have 3-4 hours sleep and usually feel fine.