Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cleansing for my skin - Also, kidney question! :)

I’m sort of breaking out and I haven’t for a while so I thought I’d up my water intake (I usually drink a lot of juice, not water so much) I thought I’d check to see if anyone knew any types of fruits I should specifically lay off if I’m prone to acne?

Also: It’s quite the oddity; my skin breaks out in almost the exact same place on both sides of my face. So, if I get a pimple on the right cheek, it pops up in the exact same place on my left cheek. Coincidence? Or are my kidneys in serious need of some help? Can anyone answer this please?

Thank you and many blessings :)

Comments

• Hi Marie,

I can’t say for sure but there is a book called Energy Medicine I can’t remember the name of the author, but she talks about meridians in the body and when you get spots on your body you are to look at the meridian it runs through to see where the weakness is. Then you could try to help repair the organ. It is a clue of something if it keeps appearing in the same spot. Otherwise I would guess some sort of food allergy. Hope this helps.. Jen

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Two things helped me get rid of my acne: green smoothies and burdock root extract. You could also juice the root itself. Something that I haven’t tried yet, but heard good things about, is rebounding on a mini trampoline. It’s supposed to help move the lymph system and provide a better cardio workout than jogging.

• pearjoypearjoy Raw Newbie

marienord, when I breakout it’s always the same spot on either side of my face! I think it might be triggered by watermelon, pineapple or avocado.
    Thanks for your help kiwi and Raw_Chocoholic!

• I know they say to stay away from eggplant for acne prone skin. not sure why really. I would probably even say a high sugar diet, even if it’s coming from fruits or excess carbs. Definitely agree with burdock root, great blood cleanser!

• Thanks so much you guys, these tips are really helpful!
    Raw_Choco: What’s rebounding? Just jumping up and down? I don’t understand :) hehe…
    kiwi: I googled it and it looks like those spots are appearing because of my stomach… Thanks guys!
    pearjoy: I do eat alot of avo, but not so much kiwi and pineapple. I eat many tangerines though.

Lotzalove – Marie

• OceanBlissOceanBliss Raw Newbie

There are so many mixed reviews on acne, I swear. Almost everyone that I’ve talked to that gets breakouts says to lay off the citrus fruits, especially oranges and grapefruit which causes cysts in a lot of people. Then there’s sites that state to stay away from fruit all together..which I don’t believe in. Blueberries for one is excellent for the skin and so are apples. But of course too much of anything isn’t good. Green smoothies are known to help a great deal, however if you use kelp then make sure you limit it, as there’s info everywhere about how iodine can be a trigger..that goes for seafood as well. I believe that almonds are great for the skin, but there are a lot of different views on that and most nuts/seeds. I’ve never had a problem with nuts, that’s where I get most of my EFA’s (Essential Fatty Acids) which should definitely be added to your diet for healthy skin. And one last thing, poor digestion can also be the cause, if you know your digestion is slow then try to eat one clove of raw garlic everyday (in soup or a drink) which I’ve heard many times does wonders and works fast. Hope this helps and good luck!!

• OceanBliss: Wow, that’s alot of things I’ve never heard of before even! I’ve actually laid off fruit for a whole of three months at one point and my skin has never been more beautiful. I know my digestion is poor :( And nuts just don’t do it for me ;)

Thanks – Marie

I became the acne-queen when I started eating more fruit smoothies. Now I make green ones instead ;-)

Here’s some articles about rebounding:
    http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/rebounding…
    This is the one I’m thinking of getting. They’re cheaper on Amazon though:
    http://www.urbanrebounding.com/

• Does anyone have any good green smoothie recipes that don’t include fruit?

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Rawchick- how about energy soup? It is blended and it can be thicker or thin. It was originated by AnnWigamore I believe and there are many variations. RadishMan has a recipe on this site for it. I prefer my green smoothies sweeter and use 1 cup of a combo of blueberries, rasberries and strawberries plus 1 lemon (for 2 people)

• o_O I KNEW IT! Raw_Chocoholic, that first article talks about how wearing a bra is actually BAD for you: “Wearing a bra to prevent sagging breasts actually weakens the muscles and connective tissue which helps to create sagging breasts. The free movement of the breasts during walking and exercise helps to pump the lymph through the breast tissue.”
    Excellent… I’m taking mine off RIGHT NOW! Because I hate wearing bra’s…
    So, anyway, rebounding is sort of like jogging on a mini trampoline if I got it correctly?

rawchick: I know, that’d be great. I guess one does need a little bit of something sweet so the taste of the greens aren’t overwhelming, but I can’t think of what kind of fruit that would be? Berries is a good idea from derahann :)

• Cool ~ thanks guys!

• ACNE!!!!!

I am 31 and I still have cystic acne. I have been raw for 6 months. I don’t eat a lot of sweets other than fruit.

According to Dr. Nicholas Perricone, fruits that cause inflammation are bananas, oranges, grapes, papaya and mango. Those are some of my favorites (probably because they are sweet).

I have been doing mostly green smoothies for the past 4 days. I tend to buy cheap/on sale fruit, which right now is oranges and mango. I bought a ton for my green smoothies.

I am going to try to eliminate these from my diet (after I use up some of them) and see how my skin reacts. I will update you all. (it will be a while, because I really just bought a lot).

• pearjoypearjoy Raw Newbie

I’ve been using a handful of greens plus one of those little key limes in my green smoothies. It’s no bosc pear but it goes down easy and it’s about as green as you can get!

marienord, jogging in place is one of the things you can do. I’ve even seen dance rebounding and yoga rebounding videos. I don’t really know how that works though. I just picked up an almost new Needak rebounder I found in the buy&sell for 1/2 price! I’m going to try it out and see if I notice any of the benefits in about a week. If you are going to get one don’t buy a budget one because they can apparently damage your nerves. Blind Guru has a lot of info on choosing a rebounder.

• Lots of red raspberry tea daily helps acne. I like it cool, not cold, cool. 1 quart up to a gallon a day. Cleaning up the colon and kidneys helps a lot too. Just let it come through the skin, the third kidney. Remove chemical animal based soap and face makeup, Get off oils, even “healthy oils.” Soak flax seeds instead. Keep at it and your skin will glow.