Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Recipes and eChef

MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I have now discovered that the format for collecting recipe information seems to be rather common throughout programs. I was using a demo of eChef but then started using a demo of Living Cookbook, which I like much better. I will probably have to commit to something soon.

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hi Dain5000,

Gone Raw is not currently compatible with outside software. eChef looks interesting – I sometimes use Mac Gourmet to keep recipes on my computer.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Is there one that is supported by both Mac & Windows that someone would recommend? Or at least be able to transfer recipes easily?

• Hm, I doubt such a program is out there, although many programs support the same “format” for sharing recipes… although I don’t remember what that format is called. Of course, web-based recipe sites work on Macs and PC’s great. :) (Sorry, couldn’t resist!)

• I use a recipe program on the Mac which I LOVE called Computer Cuisine Deluxe
    There’s a version for both Mac & Windows. My mom uses the Windows version and she sends me recipes all the time, etc.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

I had used MasterCook in the past when I was using recipe software. I don’t think my opinion of the software would be useful to you since I have a bit of a programming background and I tend to get annoyed with preprogrammed software when it won’t do what I want to do. I think I tend to want to do things I know are possible that others with less computer background might not venture to do. Sometimes a bit of education can be a detriment. :)