OTHER DIETS

I was wondering what other diets people have tried and what the outcome was. I would also like to know if you combine some of the ideas from those diets with the raw food diet you are on and what works best for you in terms of raw food variations.

Comments

• I haven’t personally “done” the diet…but I think Natalia Rose’s book is a great dieting book. Especially for those who are still transitioning to a raw lifestyle.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I incorporate The Best Bet: MS Diet with raw food. I actually use the elimination principles, not the recipes. Limited red meat (I’ve limited it to completely meatless of any kind), no dairy, legumes, eggs, sugar or wheat (or any gluten). Limited saturated fats. The founder of this diet (Ashton Embry) emailed me once about not eating enough protein! He then recommended soy, a legume. He obviously doesn’t realize that there is protein in greens and sprouts.

I saw Dr. Perricone on a health program, speaking on eating for a younger appearance. He recommended dark fruits for the antioxidants. He never made any reference to cooking.