Christmas - what to "cook"?

This is going to be my first raw Christmas. I need advice on how to survive it and what to “cook” to impress relatives and friends… Please help!

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

We made the Wilted Kale from therawchef ... which is slightly different from the first one I saw on Gone Raw. We made it as an appetizer for a potluck at work and served it with crackers. We put the kale on a large round platter… and used cherry tomatoes cut in half. We took the mixture and made it look like a Christmas wreath. In the center we put some crackers. It was a nice presentation. People were curious and even commented on how good it was. We’ve made it for a different potluck and people enjoyed it there too. We’re making it again this weekend for my non-raw in-laws. The Kale and tomato are perfect colors for the Christmas wreath.

• pearjoypearjoy Raw Newbie

I plan on making the Fruity Chardonnay http://goneraw.com/recipes/2221-Schmooze-Juice to drink while talking with friends and family before dinner. I haven’t worked out my main courses yet but I’ll post when I do. I plan on having this for desert http://goneraw.com/recipes/2222-Fruit-Frumenty. My advice would be to dream up something really good that you would love to eat, knowing that you will be able to digest it happily. I’m really looking forward to what I’ve imagined, so it will be special for the holidays. Anytime I aim to impress I never get it right…make yourself happy, that’s impressive =)

• I’m actually surfing the net to figure how to replace my usual Christmas menu. The cake I already know, but the rest? huh. The menu is more or less the same every year, it’s an honour to my paternal grandparents. Winesoup (hot wine boiled with egg yolks, sugar, and spices and egg whites) served with thinly cut baguette pieces, then breaded fish with marinated potato and onion salad, topped with mayo, and the dessert is chesnut puree puding with chocolate, fingerbread pastry and whipped cream. Next day we eat stuffed cabbage with meat and rice, since I’ve been a vegetarian for years my cabbage was made with soya and I didn’t eat the fish and had the salad without the mayo plus no winesoup. Now how do you make that raw? I bought the organic sauerkraut and the pickled cabbage leaves but I still need to figure out the stuffing. I have a cake for Christmas Eve but no clue how to replace the winesoup let alone the rest.
    Heeelp please!