Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Brussel Sprouts

I have some brussel sprouts in the fridge that are calling my name. However, I’m not quite sure how to prepare them. I found one recipe on the site that called for them but it is not quite what I’m looking for. I thought there was another recipe that caught my eye but I can’t find it now. :(

So, I am looking to y’all for some brussel sprout inspirations. These little cabbage beauties are just crying out to be used in a way that does them justice. :)

It would be great that if you have a recipe, enter it in the Recipe section so everyone can share it and then post the link here with some comments.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Maybe you could soak them in olive oil,salt,apple cider vinegar and than eat them.I like that.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Thankx Lucy~ Sounds good… About how long do you marinate them for?

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I halved my sprouts and put salt and lemon juice on them to soak overnight which would help ‘cook’ them a little. I’ve yet to put them in the dehydrator to see what happens. I actually miss cooked brussels.

• Thanks for starting this thread. I have missed making brussel sprouts because I didn’t know what to do with them raw.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

We chop them up into tiny pieces and add on top of salads. Also dehydrating them until soft…dicing them first (to speed up the dehydration process), then adding salt and a touch of lemon juice as sweetpea said.

• just cook the brussel sprouts, its hard to digest raw brussel sprouts,! it will cause even more gas and bloating:o

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

Throwing a marinade on them overnight then tossing in the dehydrator sound delish! I must try asap! One veggie I really miss. -sweet- what's your logic on the gas and bloating? Personal experience? Being how we are on a raw site I don't think cooking veggies is the best advice :/

• Im just saying that it might be a better choice to boil or steam the brussel sprouts, I had a terrible expierience with cauliflour and raw brussel sprouts, I got such bad pains and gas, Most of the crusiferous vegetables are hard to digest, Im all for High raw, but adding a bit of cooked veggies is no problem, you can eat all the raw fruit and vegg you want but some are better cooked for digestion.