Coconut Butter

Does anyone know of the difference between Coconut Butter, Coconut Oil and Coconut Cream Concentrate? I have several recipes that ask for Coconut Butter, but I can’t find it anywhere.

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Coco butter and oil are the same thing. That other concentrated one I wouldnt even mess with :)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I was wondering the same thing myself. I just bought some raw coconut oil and a raw coconut butter from the same site. The site said the coconut butter was different from the oil as it was the actual coconut meat in concentrate and that for the coconut oil they extract the oil from the meat. So, my guess is that the coconut oil contains no meat just oil and the coconut butter is the meat but has oil as well. I have both at home now and I ate a little of the coconut butter and it does taste more like eating a dried coconut with some oil (and is less oily) rather than just a straight coconut oil taste.

Oh, i bought my coconut butter at RawGuru.com. If you have any good recipes to share, please post them as I am trying to figure out what to do with my coconut butter now. I was hoping I could use it as a sub for fresh coconut meat in smoothies so I am going to try that idea out.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

coco oil is great in smoothies. I wouldnt say that it is a substitute for coconut meat, but it does pack a lot of flavor. I would recommend it in cacao shakes:)