Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Spiral Vegetable Slicers

Does anyone have the Metro Garnisher? It is suppose to be like the Saladacco but cheaper. I am trying to decide: Spirooli, Saladacco, Metro Garnisher, this or that expensive Brenriner… Feedback please! And did you have to buy it online or were you able to find it in the store?

Comments

• I bought the Benriner – pricey model – and I love it. It works perfectly, and it’s incredibly easy to use and clean. I read reviews of the cheaper ones, and apparently they don’t work reliably. I decided you get what you pay for and sprung for the best. It’s cheaper than throwing out junk that doesn’t work and replacing it.

• I can’t even find a cheap one! I think I’ll have to resort to buying one online. sigh. I’m all about the instant gratification, and HATE waiting for things to arrive! lol.

- janna 

• the Benriner I have makes angel hair pasta. I bought it on ebay for half the price I’ve found in stores and it was new. It was really worth it.

• I bought a Saladacco and hated it. It was so cheezy, I threw it away. I am interested in the Benriner info and others here have mentioned. Besides ebay, who sells it?

• Here’s one on Sarma’s One Lucky Duck website that looks similar to the Benriner, but less than half the price:

http://www.oneluckyduck.com/index.asp?PageActio…

I’m also very curious. I’ve read so many reviews about the Saladacco (half love it, half hate it) that I don’t know what to think!

I’m just not sure I need a $100 spiral slicer. I can’t imagine I would use it that much to justify spending so much. I could justify spending maybe $30ish.

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Thank you so much! I’m getting the benriner! I bought the spiralizer and sold it. This looks a lot easier to use! I’m willing to pay more for a quality machine. :)

• Here’s the link to the seller’s store where I bought my Benriner on ebay:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Trend-Boutique-USA
    I bought the fruit and veg turning slicer. I’ve got the real deal!

• That website really has the Benriner at a good price. I saw them for $100, but $45 is much more in my price range! Thanks for the link to their “boutique.”

• I am with the rest of the crew. I bought my Benriner for around $60. I was surprised at the price but was advised that it was the best bet because the amazing Japanese steel always stays sharp. I say to go for it!