Where did Gone Raw go?!?

Many of you have probably noticed that Gone Raw “disappeared” twice in the last couple of days. It appears that our web hosting company has been having some problems, and had to restart the computer that hosts Gone Raw. Unfortunately, this process takes a good hour or more, and there’s no way for us to let everyone know what’s going on, or how long it’s going to take.

Oh well, these things happen. All in all, they’re a great hosting company, and I’m sure they’ll get this sorted out. In the meantime, we do apologize very much for the inconvenience, and we’ll definitely be keeping an eye on the issue.

Comments

• Sorry, folks, it looks like it happened again! We were down for most of last night, which was really bad timing, because we just sent out our newsletter.

Once again, I’m really sorry about the inconvenience.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Hey Ray, I feel your pain about the newsletter timing. Why don’t you send out a statement asking those who tried to visit in response to the newsletter, to give you a 2nd chance. I am sure that all those who matter will understand. Thanks for keeping such an incredible site up and running.

• Very good suggestion – however, I’m reluctant to do so because I don’t want to feel we’re bombarding people with mail! I think we’ll just live with the consequences for now, and send out another newsletter in a month.

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

I agree with Chris Carlton. If these people feel “bombarded”, they have the easy option of deleting your email. But in my mind, when someone signs up for website news, they appreciate receiving any information update. But then again, I might be wrong?