Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Hey juicefastfan! You are so kind, I just thought I would tell you that. It is amazing the level of detail you use when you are talking to us and trying to help everyone out! Also, I feel that the getting to help others makes the trials worth it, don't you? Blessings!

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

Thanks Dancin, that's really nice of you to say. I try to help as much as I can where I can, and if it helps even a little than yay! =) I really do try to look at trials as opportunities to grow closer to God and in return be even further blessed, and the fact that it prepares you to help others makes it so much more...well, not easy to get through...but maybe bearable would be a better word, so yes, most definitely worth it! And, I absolutely love that we have so many faithful Christian believers on this site...that is truly amazing to me and each one of you are so edifying and inspiring to me!

Wow...where did everyone go?? Lol, this thread was hopping and now its gone all quiet...

How about an update from y'all??

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

I was thinkin' the same thing.

still as usual up and down. getting ready for a craft show so been busy sewing apons and painting bird feeders that my husband makes. Am having the bathroom painted in the midst of all of this while he had a break from outdoor stuff, from our california rains.

I have a definant diagnosis of hyPERthyroidism, still waiting for test results to see if it's Graves Disease, or another cause of it. I see my Dr tomorrow or Friday to get a protocol for it...YEA!! So looking forward to taking something that will helpt instead of all these years in shooting in the dark.

Hope all is well with everyone !

hugs,

em

Hello all! I hope that all in Canada had a great thanksgiving! And I am sure all the Americans are looking forwards to the day of thanks! I just wanted to hear from Spekgirl, how are you doing? Are you feeling ok, physicly/mentaly/emotionally? I really hope to hear from you soon!

Also, misem, I am still praying for you!

Alyssa

Thanks, as I sit here on a high from just juicing cabbage juice. Someone said it was really good for people with HyperT, can't decide if it's a sugar though.

and yes, hope Spekgirl is doing well...let us know sweetie !

em

• Hey everybody! I haven't written in a while. My comp is crashed;( Hopefully back up this weekend. I'm feeling better this week. Last week I felt like I had a brick in my stomache. I think it was too many nuts, not enough water/ veggies.

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks again to all of you and the resources you share. Blessings.

• Hi everyone-- I know this post started a loonnnggg time ago and I've only read a few pages of the conversations that have been going on, but I just wanted to say hi to all my fellow raw christians on the site! Its great to have support, but even better to know that some of you are christians, as well. One of my main motivations for being raw was to keep my body clean and healthy: "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." 1 Cor 6:19-20

I really am trying to live my life according to God's will-- even though the path right now is foggy and totally unclear: if we're supposed to walk by faith and not by sight, well then, I really have no choice these days.

Glad I'm not alone-- take care and God bless,

Welcome Demallen05! We are all with you! I think that life is just a journey, and we are here to learn. You can't fail, only gain experience! God loves you and it is all good. And again, we are here! Come visit me coolywash.blogspot.com

• Hi demallen05. Yep that's all we can do. Do our best to live according to His ways. They are certainly higher than our ways, LOL.

So my daughter now has swine flu symptoms. What do you all suggest? She's already on antibiotics for something previous, but since the flu is a virus it's not responding. I know that a big box of clemintines to boost her vit c would be helpful. I'm just surprised we're even having to cross this bridge as she has been eating fruits and veggies hand over fist lately.

Take care everybody! Drink up your vitamin C!

• Hey everybody, I'm a Christian from NC, trying to make it through college. I enjoy following Christ and love entering His presence. It's good to be able to meet some other Christians on here. I really enjoy the clarity of mind that comes from eating only raw foods.

JesusFreak...the only advice I can think of is for the lil one to rest! rest! rest! I would suggest a mini-fast for her...if you have a juicer, load her up with lots of good juices and then just food at dinner. Whenever she feels hungry just give her more juice or a green smoothie, this will let her body use that extra energy it would use in digesting to heal her and all those nutrients will go straight to where they are needed the most. What are her symptoms? From what I understand this flu is hitting everybody differently. I prayed for her as I was typing this, and I will continue everyday until I hear that she's up and at 'em again! My prayers are with both of you and {{HUGS}} to you mama, I know how exhausting it can be taking care of a sick kiddo! You make sure you're taking care of yourself too!!

Hi and welcome lstdy! It's great to have another Christian join us! That is one of the biggest things that keeps me raw (I'm high raw) is that clarity of mind. I've had so many different health challenges and after starting to see what it means to be healthy...and not just "free from sickness" but healthy I wouldn't want to go back to my SAD diet for all the $$$ in the world!

• Hi 1stdy. Welcome. Glad to hear you're in college. I'm your biggest chearleader as I never finished. Raising kids w/out a college degree has been challenging. Just keep on keeping on;)

Thanks juicefastfan. I sorta reversed that for her today. She came home from school yesterday and slept nearly 22 hours w/ a few ups here and there. She had a fruit salad this am, (clemintines, bananas & black grapes). For lunch she had some homemade veggie ministrone from last night. Then for dinner she had a green smoothie, (pineapple, fresh sqeezed oj, frozen banana-to help sore throat, & spinach). She's going in tomorrow for a lung function test to see if it's actually pneumonia rather than the flu. We'll see. Thanks for the hugs!!! I'll pass them on to her as well;) Love that you're praying for us.

Bless you all,

Jesusfreak.

Jesusfreak,

sorry to hear about your daughter, but please don't forget to get he some pro-biodics. those anti-biodics are literally killers, they will destroy our immune system. So, while fresh food is great, she needs something quick to help replenish her flora. another reason maybe she slept so long.....I will pray she will feel better soon.

It's official I have Graves Disease. I am excited to go see my Dr on Friday to get the protocol for it to help the thyroid heal. And he has something when I get hyper. K, and I know this may seem silly, but am a little apprehensive about loosing my edge. I have only known myself as someone that will go out on a limb, be "pasionate" about something, yes I can see that I go overboard sometimes, and get upset at people in public, (usually when they are smoking in a public place, or for an actual reason) but I have had these symptoms of being expressive as far back as I can remember. In one of my Jr high annuals there is a photo of me eating a piece of chocolate cake, with the caption "Emily, c-o-n-t-r-o-l".....And yesterday I felt really good, and was stupid and had something that slowed me down. I literally need to retrain my thoguhts to accept health. Especially in the last 10 years of fatigue. Hopefully, you won't think I am nuts here. Just wanted to "confess" (Don't think I am sinning though) but wanted to share in a safe place.

and Welcome Demallen05 !

in Christ,

em

• missemy, is acidophilis a pro-biotic? I hear alot about them, but know nothing.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

jesusfreak, Yes, they are probiotics.

But, I thought (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that you should not take both antiobitics with probiotics b/c that defeats the purpose... the antibiotics will "undo" the benefits of the probiotics... so take them after (but I'm not sure how long the antibiotic effects are in the system).

missemy... is Graves Disease curable? Naturally?

Oh, I wasn't recommending not taking antiobitcs... I was just recommending not to take them together - antiobitics & probiotics.

Hmmm, in-between sounds like a good idea... hmmm.

Glad to hear it's curable.

oh I know, but it's a valid suggestion. Like best not to take garlic with them either. That's why I take the enteric, but I also like the powdered one for children. Makes me feel like I am drinking milk I guess...but then again, where the heck is the CC Cookie that goes with milk, or is it the other way around ;)

Germin8, I know, but truthfully in that the anti-biodics were perscribed for a virus, and they don't kill the virus, they are only hurting her immune system, so while personally I wouldn't finish them (I know they say to do so, but then again, I wouldn't have started in that they make me have thoughts of suicide (don't worry would never do that...just saying I don't react well to having my flora stripped, and just don't believe in them on soooo many levels) I can't tell someone else not to. So, it's up to her and her Mom I think, but I would take them inbetween doses, and one that is enteric coated so it will get to the gut.

and yes, acidolph...however you spell it, are probidics. I stay away from the yogurts though, as most have sugar. and dairy would not be a good idea for her right now especially.

Yes, I think it is curable. My naturopathic Dr is having me take stuff/herbs to heal the thyroid, so I have hope. I do feel better with even just taking the iodine he gave me, but today am reaping eating too much sugar on Sunday. We saw our daughter, which can be stressfull...long story...but I gave into chocolate after as the visit was well, over and it went so well. So I had some raw treats I got at a Health Food store on Sunday, so just did an ionspa treatment. I can't take my usual garlic (I assume I am way too high in candida) as found out I am allergic to it. All I know is I really want to go and get a CC Cookie. But there is never good fruit to giving into it...dang.

oh, personally too, and I know there are different camps, but for me being on anti-biodics I would stay away from all sugars as they do help grow the yeast. the very least, just consume berries for now.

wow, 20 schools closed... what will they do to catch up? Open weekend school? This can't be good.

Lol, Emily! And, yes, it's best to wait about 2-3 days after the full course of an antibiotic is taken before probiotics are started. If you take them together, the antibiotic will kill all the beneficial bacteria in the pro's.

JesusFreak, acidophilus is one strain of probiotics, there are quite a few different ones. I'll add a link to mercola's site. He sells one, I'm not recommending his product per-say, but he explains it really well and in easy terms to understand. How's your daughter doing? How you holding up too? I just heard they closed down 20 schools around here due to the flu. I don't get out much to hear the full updates because I homeschool my kids but just heard that tonight at church.

http://products.mercola.com/probiotics/ (this one is part of his "store" so I don't believe you have to register to read)

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2004/09/29/probiotics-benefits.aspx (this one, I think, you would have to register for, its free, and if you have time, may be worth it, he has some pretty interesting articles on here)

I'm not sure what they have planned germin. It's in the Detroit and Grand Rapids areas. I don't know about other states but here we do have planned for snow days, in case of bad weather, and I don't think they usually get all used up, if they do, then they extend the school year by the appropriate amount of days into June. So, based on that, I would assume the kids would just have to go to school farther into June.

But, yeah, not good! One of my best gf's works in a doc's office and she said all this week they have people waiting at their front door to get in and it's a constant stream of people til they close the doors at night. My B-I-L is an emergency room R.N., same scenario, he said they are packed to the brim. He's been called in on every day off he has had in the last 2 weeks. I knew it was going to be bad this fall/winter but my plan is to do exactly what I do every single day, live, eat and breathe for health...and PRAY!!

• So in the end of it all, she had swine flu like symptoms but the tests came back negative, Yeh!. What she does have is a double ear infection and lymphitis. All the drainage was causing severe chest cramping:( She's feeling better, going back to school tomorrow. She's quite the trooper.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. I'm very grateful to have such a wealth of resources right here.

Love and Blessings,

Jesusfreak

Praise God !!

hugs to you are your daughter, The only thing good about being sick, is that it feels so good to be well !

I see my Dr today to get my "STUFF"...oh to be well...what a concept.

luv

em

• I am a raw Christian, and very thankful the Lord has given me this raw lifestyle! I've been raw off and on for about 1 1/2 years, and just recently made a decision to go raw all the way. It was a very natural progression that I sort of fell into over the past few weeks. I'm glad to have found this forum!

• Thank em! Hi radicalgirl, welcome. This group is a perfect resourceful place for you to be. Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

JesusFreak, very glad to hear the news about your daughter, not the infections she has going on, but at least its not H1N1! I'll be praying for a quick and speedy recovery for her!

Em, good luck at your doc's appt, Ive been praying for you too...you WILL be well one day, and even if it doesn't happen for us on earth, we have perfection waiting for us!

Welcome rawdicalgirl! Glad to "meet" you, I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!

Welcom rawgirl!

WHile the Drs appt went well, the herbs have not. He did send me to this new (new to me) health food store that actually make green smoothies, and he made me one with cabbage as with hyperT (oh, it's not grave's disease, but "Toxic (multinodular) Goiter"...oh no, it wouldn't be like I would ever have anything normal...lol !! But I need cruciferous (raw) vegtables...so anyway. I had had some choloate, but felt ok, but later felt maybe too hyper, so thought I would try the tea that is supposed to calm my down...well, after being stupid and taking a hot bath (I am considered hot and moist in chinese medicine)...so the hot bath was amazingly stupid! I had my hubby come home from a High School football game (he is a HS principal) just in case I needed to go the ER. I did sleep (after a lot of magnesium and an ionspa treatment) but feel like crud this morning. I took the main pills this morning, and my heart rate is a bit hyper AGAIN. So, am a little perplexed...(to say the least) well, he emailed me back last night (after I went to bed) and said he will call me this a.m. I noticed the time was 12:30 a.m. so assume it will be after 8:00 or so.

Thank you for your prayers...I sure hope it's just getting used to everything, but can't imagine why this wouldn't work. Maybe it's spiritual, I get a lot of attacks, long story of why....but it would make sense if I shared, but not on a message board. we'll see.

luv to all,

em

Just got off the phone with my Dr, he thinks it was the hot water to the tea. And all the informations I had to process yesterday may have caused some anxiety. Oh, my candida is not an issue after all of this according to my tests. It's no longer in my gut, I know it used to be in that my hands would turn white after I would eat sugar. So that is really good news. Kind of slow, but still productive and feeling o.k. SO, yea!!! Just had avacado on raw pumpkin bread with sliced tomatoes...just like the the Raw Planet Restaurant...without the hurrendous bill ;)