Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Grains grow as “plants of the field” too. It is sad when things get twisted & truth is lost.

• jeshuabrown-what traslation do you use?

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Any opinions on the most accurate Bible version? I’ve read lots of info on the Kind James Version, and it seems the most sound…

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. ...Any thoughts on this? ...and yes, I’ve read the whole Bible. I really don’t remember reading anything about a unicorn, though.

• Numbers 23:22; Num. 24:8; Job. 39:9 & 10; Ps 29:6&10 – Unicorn scriptures. It is Wild Ox in ESV, NIV, NLT.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

there are pararell tranlations of genesis 1:29 here:

http://bible.cc/genesis/1-29.htm

And here it is in Hebrew with English translation, but i don’t know if it is a literal translation or not:

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0101.htm

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

The English edition of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, was prepared directly from the original languages by an anonymous committee. This version, in turn, has been the primary text used for translations into about 60 other languages. Translators for those languages did make extensive comparisons with the original-language text. The New World Translation aims for a literal rendering of the original-language text whenever such a rendering would not hide its meaning. The translators seek to make the Bible as understandable to readers today as the original text was to readers in Bible times.

Some linguists have examined modern Bible translations
  • I am a Christian also. I believe we are called to be good stewards of our bodies as well as the earth. Eating locally grown, raw, organic, vegan foods is one way to do that. Morally, I feel that to eat animal products is to take food from the mouths of the starving poor whom Christ loves. There is more than enough farmland to produce plenty of food for the world and yet we, as comparatively wealthy westerners, use more than our share for our own consumption. For the same reasons I believe that God wants us to consume less in general. My body is a temple but it is Christ who lives in me that desires me to live this lifestyle, not only for my own edification, but for the well being of the poor. Obviously, this can be a very frugal or a very expensive way to live depending on how you go about it, so I try very hard to always keep my focus on serving others with my choices and avoid things like superfoods that might exploit the poor in their production. St. Basil the Great, Bishop of Caesarea in the fourth century, once said, “The bread which you do not need is the bread of the hungry. The garment hanging in your wardrobe is the garment of one who is naked. The shoes that you do not wear are the shoes of one who is barefoot. The money you keep locked away is the money of the poor. The acts of charity you do not perform are so many injustices you commit.”

• Sanprecario, that was a great post, thanks. I feel a responsibility too when I buy food. For instance, that is why I do not buy even raw cashews. For some reason I am very skeptical about them being raw and if they are raw the poor people that have to take the caustic coating off have to be thought of. It has to be a horrible job with little pay. I don

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Southernlover – We just had a mini discussion about bible versions. Someone mentioned that KJV translates Daniel 10:17 differently than NIV. One mentions there is no breath in him, the other mentions he could hardly breath. Slightly different, but it’s the difference between Daniel being ‘in vision’ or not. Someone also mentioned that one version explains the state of the dead differently than another. (I’m still studying this… so, I’m not sure if I could explain it further than this.)

Job chapters 40-41 describe the leviathan and behemoth. One is described like a dinosaur. The other is described like a dragon with fire coming out of his mouth! Read it! :o)

Best translation? Maybe learn Hebrew/Greek or use multiple bibles… I want to get an interlinear bible that has the Hebrew/Greek with the translation. Then, I can cross reference. Or, a parallel bible can help too! It has different versions of the bible in parallel.

I want to check out the New World Translation to see what it says… I checked for one online I’ll have to compare it. Jeshuabrown, you said it was done by an anonymous committee? Hmmm. Wikipedia (sometimes reliable, sometimes not) says the Jehova Witnesses published it!

Jeshuabrown, it was tricky reading your 2nd paragraphs… but, COOL. I’d love to know what texts he researched!

Anngoingraw, Thanks for the Hebrew with English! I use http://www.scripture4all.org/ but like to compare with others like http://www.studylight.org/isb/

I will definitely use this one because in Daniel 1:12 it specifically says that Daniel asked for pulse to eat and water to drink. That’s living foods, sprouting seeds, germinated nuts/seeds! That’s IT! I have to check it further. Hmmm… I think I may even prefer this version!

Sanprecario, I like that quote.

you’re welcome germin8, and thank you too for those links!

in my printed version (spanish translation) it says “pulses to eat and water to drink” too. you may find interesting this:

http://scripturetext.com/daniel/1-12.htm

I copy just a couple of things:

“us pulse zeroa` (zay-ro’-ah) something sown (only in the plural), i.e. a vegetable (as food)—pulse.

to eat ‘akal (aw-kal’) to eat—at all, burn up, consume, devour(-er, up), dine, eat(-er, up), feed (with), food, freely, in…wise(-deed, plenty), (lay) meat, quite.

and water mayim (mah’-yim) water; figuratively, juice; by euphemism, urine, semen—+ piss, wasting, water(-ing, (-course, -flood, -spring).

to drink shathah (shaw-thaw’) to imbibe—assuredly, banquet, certainly, drink(-er, -ing), drunk (-ard), surely.”

Yes. That’s it. You know Spanish? Yo tambien. But, I don’t think I know what “pulse” is in Spanish maybe that’s why I never noticed.

“Pulse” fits quite well. Better than “vegetable”. And Romans 14:2 as rosehebrew mentioned (I am weak in faith so I eat only vegetables) translates to vegetables and not pulse.

Wow, I love it when things just come together. I just looked at it again when you posted about “pulse” and noticed it has parallel translations too!

southernlover I just read your comment about “any thoughts on” Genesis 3:19. I’m not sure what you are asking, but probably the state of the dead. If you weren’t asking that, let me know… I’ll delete the rest of this post. :o)

Here are some texts… I “grabbed” any bible, so compare versions: Genesis, 2:7 – “And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” Note: Body and breath (i.e. spirit) make a soul.

(Mat 10:28 NASB) “And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Note: Soul equals body & spirit… and then the word “body” is here also. So, this could mean the dead. Where is their Spirit of the dead? This is answered in Eccl 12:7 (below) – it returns to God.

(1 Th 4:14 NASB) “For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.”

(1 Th 4:15 NASB) “For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, and remain until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep.”

(Eccl 9:5 NASB) ”For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten.

Eccl 12:7 ”Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Jown 11:11 “These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep… Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well… Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep... Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.”

1 Thes 4: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first

But do your research… I’m not saying I know this all and take my word for it. Do your study… I’m also doing my own study. Lot’s to learn!

• I am 100% Christian and moving towards 100% raw…I am new to the website and have learned so much…Thanks for this thread…I thank God for this diet too!

germin8 – “pulse” in Spanish is “legumbre” (“legume”) it is used in Spanish to refer to any “bean”/”pulse” (garbanzo, red/black… beans, peas, lentils…). I have checked www.etymonline.com to see the difference between “pulse” and “legume”, this is what it says:

pulse:

“peas, beans, lentils,” 1297, from O.Fr. pols, from L. puls “thick gruel,” probably via Etruscan, from Gk. poltos “porridge.”

legume

“plant of the group of the pulse family,” 1676, from Fr. l

Thanks anngoing raw!

I recognize “legumbre” to be “legume”... but not “pulse”. Interesting. When I check translations, I rarely look at Spanish these days. I wonder if my Spanish-speaking grandmother thinks of “legumbre” as “pulse”. I should ask her.

The word “hortalizas” fits in quite well too for Romans 14.

The tricky part is Daniel 10:3 – “I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.” It could be he first ate pulse/hortalizas foods to get “back on track” in his health and later he ate meat again (but only that which God allowed – clean, kosher). Hmmm, I wonder why. But, maybe I just don’t understand it all. There is still more to study and piece together. Thanks for helping me look into the scripture more.

Btw, I asked about the “New World” translation… and a chaplain said the Jehovah Witnesses translated/published that bible.

• Hi there! This is my first post, and I wanted to join in to the Raw Christian roll call. :)

I have had health problems galore since the birth of my daughter 6 years ago, and truly feel that God has been prompting and preparing me to go 100% Raw so He can heal me. So excited about it.. but the day to day of staying Raw is super hard. I have to look at it like a fast, and how Daniel fasted while he was in Babylon.

So happy to be here.

Hello everybody!

germin8 – I’m not “English speaker” and i thought that English speaking people used “pulse” for any legume, how is it used actually?

Finally I decided to read the whole Daniel’s book to see if light appeared. Well, i dont know if light has appeared but here it goes what i think:

When he was at Babylonian king’s “palace” he (and his friends) refused to eat meat and wine. Don’t know anything about kosher laws of wine, but relating meat kosher laws could be one reason to decide not eating eat. The other reason could be that they where there against their will, so it can be seen as position against local habits and a way to underline their own origin. Those reasons can be lleged too to explain why refused to eat “desirable bread” (bread made with yeast??). The diet had its results because they were strongest and most learned.

So that one would be a long term decision. Then 10:3 in my opinion is a description of a fast or penance to pray God or/and to have a revelation. So i don’t know if we have to understand that there is a time in Babylon in which he ate meat, or if we have to interpret that the description of the “fast” just decribed it (and it repeats what we knew: he did’t eat meat). I am more inclined to the second interpretation, but just an opinion.

One of the king’s of Babylon made a fast to when praying for Daniel’s life whe he was in the lyon’s moat!

Looking in the net about Daniel and his diet there come up some surprising things: there are books to follow Daniel’s diet/fast, and i have found “Daniel

• Hi anngoingraw, great research on this topic. I am going raw for the first. I am finding so much information on this subject. I can’t believe it. I do not know any vegans nor raw foodies. our family (big) loves to eat (everything). I need a lifestyle change.

hi seedcovers! thank you. Nobody around me is a raw foodist, nor vegan, nor vegetarian!! :-)) But… we can do it!!! Usually, if people around see and understand that we’re much better (for example: no allergy, weight lose, no PMS, no pains…) they support us, perhaps not everybody always there is someone that has to say “no”, but… that’s good enough. Go ahead! (I started eating raw at the end of March). You will find support in this forum and if you don’t know something about something, just ask.

Welcome!!

hi seedcovers! thank you. Nobody around me is a raw foodist, nor vegan, nor vegetarian!! :-)) But… we can do it!!! Usually, if people around see and understand that we’re much better (for example: no allergy, weight lose, no PMS, no pains…) they support us, perhaps not everybody always there is someone that has to say “no”, but… that’s good enough. Go ahead! (I started eating raw at the end of March). You will find support in this forum and if you don’t know something about something, just ask.

Welcome!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Welcome RawSarah & seedcovers! :)

• Thanks all. :) Anngoingraw that was some great research. Thanks for that.

For me, I am not sticking to what Daniel did in the Bible word for word. It was just something God brought to me over a period of a few years (time and time again) and different pastors and teachers in my life saying similar things.

The biggest one being… That God wants to heal me, but sometimes He asks us to take certain steps to receive that healing. (i.e. The leper who washed 7 times.. what if he decided to only wash 6 times… would he have been healed??)

So, I have maintained a vegan diet for a while and still feel awful, and felt the prompting to go Raw and see what miracles God can do. :)

And.. my entire family thinks I am crazy, with the exception of my husband who is very supportive. It is good to have other like-minded people to talk to!!!

• It does my heart glad to see so many Christians on this site. When I went raw from SAD overnight six months ago everybody thought that I had lost it. When I no longer had diabetes, high blood pressure, lost forty-five pounds after five months and stopped needing the handfuls of psych meds it got their attention. The people in my life have no intention of getting off the SAD but they are really supportive of me doing raw. It took many conversations to make them even start to understand why I was doing it but now they know it works, at least for me (they say). It can be a rough path at first to go against the path of the herd and it does take some time for you to develop a kind and right attitude about other people choices too. As a Christian I have to avoid judging them but I also have to keep up my own convictions so that I do not fall back into SAD and all the misery that I was in. Blessings, Rosemary 

anngoingraw, when I first learned of the word “pulse” in this context, it was referring to living foods. Kinda like when you take someone’s pulse to figure out their heart rate or check if they are still alive.

As for “wine”. From my understanding, “new wine” is stored in new wineskins. Matthew 9:17 – Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.

New wine is NOT fermented. So, if placed in old wineskins from which new wine was previously made… then, the new wine in the old wineskins would become fermented. It has something to do with bacteria (or something) that is left from using it the first time. As a result, fermentation occurs and the wineskins burst.

Interesting point of view about “underlining their own origin”. I never heard or thought about it like that.

I totally understand what you mean about 10:3. I, too, feel it was more like a description… or comment like “and by the way, I didn’t eat meat either”. :o)

Yes, I agree about the chickpeas, beans, and lentils being pulse foods… but they could only be pulse foods if they were germinated… i.e. no longer dormant seeds, but alive! Just like a living person has a pulse.

hi germin,

I like that conexion between “pulse” and “pulse”, never hear before. I have been trying to check out any etymological conexion, but i have not found any:

pulse

“peas, beans, lentils,” 1297, from O.Fr. pols, from L. puls “thick gruel,” probably via Etruscan, from Gk. poltos “porridge.”

pulse

“a throb, a beat,” c.1330, from O.Fr. pous (c.1175), from L. pulsus (in pulsus venarum “beating from the blood in the veins”), pp. of pellere “to push, drive,” from PIE *pel- “to shake, swing” (cf. Gk. pallein “to weild, brandish, swing,” pelemizein “to shake, cause to tremble”). The verb meaning “to beat, throb” is first attested 1559.

I know Latin “puls” and “pulsus” are very similar, but i have not found etymological relation (yet).

The hebrew word “zeroa” (pulse, veg) seems to come fron zara`>

Copied from (http://www.studylight.org/lex/heb/view.cgi?numb… )

Word Origin: a primitive root

1. to sow, scatter seed a. (Qal) to sow producing, yielding seed b. (Niphal) to be sown to become pregnant, be made pregnant c. (Pual) to be sown d. (Hiphil) to produce seed, yield seed

So, i think that Daniel (& friends) asked for anything coming from a seed, but i have not any evidence to say they were following a living food diet.

Thanks for all that great info anngoingraw.

Maybe they did ask from anything coming from a seed… you don’t think they asked for something that can produce seed (i.e. living)?

The evidence I see is the 10 days. The only food that can give dramatic results in a short time is living food! IMHO. Of course, times have changed since Daniel.

Thanks again for all the insight.

Hi,

in my opinion (just an opinion, i am just a reader) if “zeroa” comes from “zara`” there a couple of options:

1. “zeroa” related to that “primitive root” (the origin of the word zara` ): too narrow, i think they asked for a larger variety.

2. related to “to sow, scatter seed”: i understand that they asked for anything that come from a seed (which can include the seed it self). Something coming from a seed in turn can produce a seed. So i don’t see an incompatibility between “coming from a seed” and “something that can produce seed”. Both are “living”. The problem arises when we have to decide how they ate those “zeroa”: did they eat them raw or cooked? For example, we can suppose they ate foods made from seeds (beans, lentils, peas, grains etc.), but still, how can we know if they ate them sprouted and not boiled? (the same goes for vegetables).

So it is possible that they followed a living diet, but i don’t find any evidence to support that hypothesis (of course, i don’t find any evidence either to support the hypothesys of a “cooked vegan diet”). Nothing is said about the way they ate the food.

As for the question of the 10 days: Daniel asked with a great self-confidence for “zeroa”, this can indicate that he followed that diet (or similar one) before, so he knew that a vegan diet is a complete diet. Even if he ate meet before “going” to Babylon we can suppose that kosher meet wasn’t neither a big quantity (i think that only todays west civilizations and inuits cosume big quantities of meat) nor an unhelthy meet (animals have been unheathly grown up in the last centuries). So probably he was already so healthy.

It’s very interesting this question that you have raised. i don’t know if there would be any treatise about it, but i’l try to find something. So thanks to you for posing it.

PS. What does IMHO mean?

IMHO = in my humble opinion

1. I agree.

2. I agree… and I agree! There is no way of knowing HOW they ate their food. But, in today’s world, I can see how 10 days of raw foods brings dramatic results. What about zeroim or zereonim is that used? (I’m referencing a workbook I have that talks about these words a bit.)

Something coming from a seed in turn can produce a seed. So i don

• RisnwthHimRisnwthHim Raw Newbie

Hi – thanks for starting this thread where raw Christians can identify themselves. Isn’t it great to be on this journey together?

In 1970, God lifted me up out of a life of sin, shame, and confusion and filled me with His Spirit. I’ve never regretted surrendering my heart to the Lord. He took my life of despair and transformed it into one of joy and deep contentment. What a God!

I’ve been eating raw (more or less) for not quite 3 months and I have no regrets here, either. It certainly has been a paradigm shift for me, and like many of you, I also have a non-raw husband and daughter to cook for. I just try to sneak in as much raw food as I can – here a little, there a little. ;-)

Some days seem harder than others—especially when I’m busy w/ other things, so I’m very thankful, in particular, for all the extra “simple” recipes I’ve found here. I’ve also enjoyed a few of the more complicated or time-consuming recipes, but I need to add a number of those “ready in 5 minutes” dishes to my repertoire.

My best friend, also a Christian, just recently went raw after I made a bunch of yummy raw pates, breads, and other dishes and took them to her house to share them for lunch. She was blown away over how delicious everything was. Since then, I took over as organizer of the Cincinnati Raw Foods Meetup group and have gotten together w/ other raw-foodies for 3 potlucks so far.

Eating raw is one more area of my life where God helps me to exercise self-discipline. I certainly haven’t arrived yet, but I’m on my way! :-)

GulayG1rl
  • Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

I am also a raw Christian! I love Jesus with all my heart. I am so glad to see so many others out there who are raw and saved. God totaly has healed my body using this diet, and I am thankfull to him everyday. Prais the Lord.

GulayG1rl