My blender is making foams, gross. Advice?

TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I have an Oster Blender(BPST02-B Professional Series) that is doing bizarre things to my food. It’s the first blender I’ve ever owned and it’s scaring the heck out of me! I admit I’m a stinking coward and I always think everything will explode in my face, but this thing doesn’t blend; it whips everything into a sickening, froathing foam. It only has two positions: 1) Sickening Foam, and 2) Sickening Foam Pulse.

I’m trying to make a nice creamy-textured basil tomatoe soup. I’ve seen several raw recipes for them using blenders but I can’t make mine smooth. Not only is everything coming out foamy with huge bubbles but the tomatoe is not completely pureed. I can’t return this blender; I’m homebound. I think I’m just stupid. Any advice on making smooth soups like the recipe photos? I can’t believe I spent all this money:*(

Comments

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

Try this – put in whatever solids your blending along with barely enough fluid to get it moving. Pulse it a few times to get everything small enough to blend. Then blend it slowly while gradually adding the fluids to the amount desired. I think a lot of people make the mistake in the beginning of just throwing everything into the blender until it’s full to the top and then pressing the ‘go’ button. If I hadn’t watched the instructions video for my vitamix, I would have done the same. Hope this works for you. Good luck!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Yes, I’ve been doing that—throwing in a bunch of stuff with a lot of water.(blushie, blushie). I’ll try it your way. Thank you!:-)

• PamPam

Also, you might try VERY lightly oiling the blades and the sides of the blender with a paper towel before you add your ingredients.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Oh, thanks, Pam! I was coming back to ask for more advise:-D