losing too much too quickly

hey guys,

hope everyone is well! i’ve been experimenting with raw since Sept. but on Jan 1st went 100% (planning on doing this for 30 days). i feel fantastic but am getting concerned i am losing too much weight and won’t make the 30 days. i eat cocao, nuts, seeds, use oils on everything and eat large quantities…i have a green shake each morning with everything under the sun in it.

any tips would greatly be appreciated.

best,
jenn

Comments

• Try adding more fruit, this seems to be what most people suggest. Also eating sprouted grains like buckwheat, quinoa and wheat can add more calories. Or make some raw bread! How much weight are you losing? It is possible the weight loss will slow down as your body stops being bloated from cooked food and your water weight equals out.

• A lot of people will lose weight quickly when starting a raw food diet. One of the big mistakes people can make is trying to get the majority of their calories from fatty foods such as nuts, seeds, oils etc.

From the research I have done it seems that people have got great results from Doug Graham’s 80-10-10 diet which involves getting more of your calories from fruit. This involves eating a lot more fruit than what you would normally be used to, but is really what humans are designed for. Most of the great apes including the Bonobo which is closest to humans in genetic terms eat primarily fruit, greens and some nuts and seeds. Approximately 80% of their calories will come from simple carbohydrates obtained from fruit.

Green shakes are also excellent which you have been taking. I have found quite a number of excellent resources and can especially recommend Frederic Patenaude’s raw starter kit at http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/starterkit.html