Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

HOPE THIS MAKES YOU LAUGH...

2»

Comments

• Hilarous! Thanks =D LOL…

Regarding peas, how true. My kitty Snowie had CRF (Chronic Renal Failure) and had been having constipation problems. Organic baby food snow peas helped her tremendously. She loved it so much, she looked forward to a dish of peas every night and gave me head bonks for it.

• I have a little story; My mother and I are going to a 10 day raw cleanse/class in Atlanta in Feb. She is not raw at this time but truly aspires to being raw. I turned her on to green smoothies a year ago and she just took the deydrator out of the box that I had bought for her months ago. She has some low blood sugar issues at this time on the SAD diet and is very afraid that she will DIE ( her words- half joking half serious ) of hypoglycemia without her daily serving of chicken. She actually asked the owner of the raw school if she could bring some chicken in class with her. The nice women told her ” no, we really don’t want any animal flesh in this class” my mother than said oh, can I bring some tofu? The nice women who by now was realising that my mother has some fears explained how much protein she would be recieving with the wheatgrass juice and the available raw food at the class, ” It’s more than a serving of beef” the nice women stated. When my mother told me of this conversation I couldn’t help but laugh and of course she told me it wasn’t funny which of course made me laugh even more. Now the running family joke is that my stepfather is going to put an all points bulletin out with my mother’s picture at every store that sells chicken from Maine ( where she lives ) to Atlanta and the picture will say ” Do not under any circumstances sell chicken to this women”!

The class is coming up in less than a week and my mother states that she is excited but “scared”. She has made me promise that I wouldn’t let her DIE ( again half joking half serious ) and I assured her that I would start and IV chicken drip ( I’m a nurse ) on her before I would let her die. I don’t think she was convinced.

So if you hear of a masked, armed chicken bandit in Atlanta, you’ll know who it is.

• Glad you are all laughing. Interesting info re fish and peas and cats.

SPIRIT - Isn’t is strange to see out mother’s insecurities? Like we are the elders? My mom is definitely not raw, but is supportive. I hate the crap (sorry) that she eats and try to always have good stuff around to share (see the recipe I posted today for Cravin’ Banana Dream Pie…good example).
    She is sure that she won’t make it without chocolate. When she tasted the banana stuff mentioned above, she said that maybe she could last without chocolate.

Great story…I will be scouring the Atlanta news online. GOod luck with the class :)