young coconut shells, what to do?

I’ve been eating young coconuts like they will never be around again. I want to do something with the shells. Wanted to hear your ideas before i started on some of my own. Cant wait to hear your creativity!

• Debbie5125Debbie5125 Raw Newbie

I made a wonderful macademia nut pudding and served it in the empty shell. Why don’t you try serving a soup or pudding in it? But that would just be one use not multiple uses. Debbie

• Yes, that is one of my ideas too. Thats awesome thanks. Do i need to line it with something? I cleaned the inside out pretty well. I am just curious on it rotting or making something served inside taste funny.

• ZoeZoe

could put them in the bottom of plant pots when repotting your houseplants, so the water drains well…

• My mother makes little vases with them and put them in the garden.Very cute!

• I use mature coconut shells for storage. I drill and drain the water then cut them in half on my bandsaw. Then i use the drill holes to put screws through and fix them to the wall. And I also use them to make horse sounds like in monty python. : )