Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

young coconut shells, what to do?

I’ve been eating young coconuts like they will never be around again. I want to do something with the shells. Wanted to hear your ideas before i started on some of my own. Cant wait to hear your creativity!

Comments

• Debbie5125Debbie5125 Raw Newbie

I made a wonderful macademia nut pudding and served it in the empty shell. Why don’t you try serving a soup or pudding in it? But that would just be one use not multiple uses. Debbie

• Yes, that is one of my ideas too. Thats awesome thanks. Do i need to line it with something? I cleaned the inside out pretty well. I am just curious on it rotting or making something served inside taste funny.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

could put them in the bottom of plant pots when repotting your houseplants, so the water drains well…

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

My mother makes little vases with them and put them in the garden.Very cute!

• I use mature coconut shells for storage. I drill and drain the water then cut them in half on my bandsaw. Then i use the drill holes to put screws through and fix them to the wall. And I also use them to make horse sounds like in monty python. : )

James