Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Honey VS. Agave Nectar...what's the difference?

2»

Comments

• KrystaleKrystale Raw Newbie

Honey isn’t vegan, but bees aren’t animals. They’re insects. And, as my husband pointed out, it’s an “animal” by-product, something they made. Not like milk or eggs which come from inside the animal, although it is for the similar purpose of sustaining young.

However, living in Vermont, the difference between Agave and Honey is the carbon footprint, as they say. I can get raw honey from real wild fields just a few towns away. It also costs less as a result. I think it would be great if there was a way for people to hook up local product exchanges. Like our local honey for… I don’t know… someone out there must get cheap chia seeds or some such. You know?

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Achin, a lot of dark agave is cooked. I know that sunfood sells some cooked agave. I was suprised when i read that some of the agave on sunfoods site was processed at 140 degrees. But, it may be different now. The clear agave seems more raw, to me, and probably tastes the sweetest- which is the purpose of sugar, I think. And I can use less for a better taste, maybe.