Craving GINGER?!

It’s really the strangest thing because I’m not a big fan of ginger. The first time I tried it I thought, whoa, this stuff is nasty. haha. Then as time went by I got keen to it, but still not a fan… until recent. All of a sudden I got an almost explosive craving for ginger! I wanted something really light and healthy- and heavy with ginger. So I made a pear ginger smoothie. I put so much ginger in it it’s actually quite spicy- and it’s soothing every bone in my body. What’s going on? What is my body lacking for me to have such a strong craving? I tried to google it but came up with many gingerbread recipes. So I’m asking my intelligent gone raw friends here. =)

Comments

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Oh I have the exact same thing! My throat seems to get very strained (I talk too much? haha) and I NEED some kind of juice with ginger. I got to the point I can’t taste it and everyone else tells me they can smell it from across the room. Ginger is heating and antibicrobial. Since it’s winter I’m gonna guess you’re cold and fighting the colds everyone is sending your way? Ginger to the rescue! Woo hoo!

• Hi,I’m new to going raw but I do love ginger. A pear ginger smoothie sounds real good.I will have to try that in my vitamix. Mmmmm…