Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

It's called Raw Food for a reason.

2»

Comments

• Hi everyone! This is an interesting topic, one I’m enjoying very much. But please don’t get too personal with it. It’s wonderful to share knowledge and opinions, but no-one has all the answers, and we all have to decide what’s best for us.

Thanks, and please pardon my interruption!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I have already advised you that if the information is not well documented then it’s not proven to be accurate. If there is no clinical trials then it’s based on the opinions of the person writing it. All the articles I mentioned are from scientest doing research on these fruits and vegetables. Garlic as well as many other spices are edible just because you can’t eat it doesn’t make it inedible. Also there are articles from around the world, so despite what the government may rather us know about, it doesn’t mean no studies have been done and that it hasn’t been published. Also please be aware that a docter can say whatever they want, it doesn’t mean it’s right. Just because he is a doctor doesn’t mean he has done an actual test to prove his theories. Studies are tested by more than one individual and usually there are follow up testings to verify if the information can be considered accurate. I called you closed minded because instead of researching the information and looking it up yourself, you instead choose to state theories with no verifiable information. If the website doesn’t have books, or articles stating there theory is accurate and proven, then it’s just that theory. As far as apple seeds it is a small amount of cyanide it is the apples way of protecting it’s offspring, eating a few seeds wouldn’t bother you. That information is on many sites including raw food vegans sites and recipes for raw food vegan books as well. I am done talking about this because you believe I am gullible and I am not, Sorry. Go convince someone else of your theories. Bye.

• This is from one of the links that you used in your post, it just proved my point:

The ‘hot’ sensation produced by exposure to pepper is apparently due to two natural carcinogens: capsaicin in chili type peppers and safrole in black/white pepper. There are four cookeries in the United States that are noted for their high pepper content: Mexican-American, Cajun, white Creole, and black Creole. Each is largely confined to a single ethnic-cultural group which is concentrated in some counties. By use of county population and mortality data, significantly higher rates for stomach and liver cancer were found in counties inhabited by these four ethnic-cultural groups than in matched control counties. This involved both sexes. The cancer increase was dependent on the concentration of these groups in a county. These results strengthen and extend an earlier case-control study which found odds ratios above 5 for the stomach cancer association with capsaicin pepper. It is further evidence that capsaicin is a human carcinogen.

Thanks.

• I finally found the link that I wanted to post on this thread. Here it is:

http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/junk-foods-garl…

I know everyone will say that garlic is such a healthy food… yes, so is a big well done rib steak sauteed in butter!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I agree that if you can’t make a meal of it, it isn’t a healthy food, optimally. That would include onions and garlic. I also believe that some herbs have healing properties, so whether they’re healthy for long time consumption or whether they are used to treat an illness (viral infection, i.e.), they still have a place in the diet to some degree. I’m still in a transitional stage (all raw but combining the wrong food sometimes) and I think that eating everything raw is better than eating a Big Mac. I limit my nuts, because few types that come shelled are truly raw, I limit spicy foods and I eat things in their whole, natural state many times. I still eat some complex meals, but I am getting healthier than I was before I began eating this way. When I graduate to high raw, I expect to be doing even better. This transition doesn’t happen overnight and it shouldn’t. Your body wouldn’t know how to act if it was suddenly fed food that was foreign to it, although, in the long run your body will adjust and thank you for the food that it was actually designed for.

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

In reply to Socal who said if you take just one bite of raw food before cooked there is no leukytosis:

If you mean the Kouchakoff research, my reading of the findings of this has indicated the following: It was found that if some of the food in its raw state was eaten with its cooked counterpart, the pathological reaction in the blood was minimised.

BUT BUT Raw foods only prevented the leukotysis when they were added to foods that had been only gently heated (120-190 F

• Dear Chris

I have been on a 100% raw diet for 20 years since I was 15 years old, and trust me being Italian expecially when I was in Italy wasn’t too easy to be raw with lots of pastas and pizzas around. What work for me is a balanced diet of sweet fruit, fats and green leafy vegetables, I try to balance them in equal parts. I never get any single flu, cold, sore throat and any other ilness in 20 years which I find a bit amazing. I agree with Socal there are people who lived up to 100 years eating cooked food, many members of my family lived up to 90 and 100 years and were eating any type of cooked and processed food, what people don’t understand that it is not only about food, there are may other factors involved, genetic playing a big role, in my family both from my mum and dad they never had any cancer case or major illness, and they lived up to very late age with strong health, I believe this is one of the reasons why I never developed any ilness for 20 years combined to my lifestyle and last to my 100% raw diet, I believe lifestyle it is extremely important, please read my thread ” don’t be afraid of the sun” where I wrote 17 points about my lifestyle which I believe have been extremely important in order to strenght my immune system. here again the 17 points:

1) I Never took drugs in my life, not even tried once

2) I Never got drunk in my life, I hate taste of alchool

3) I Never Smoke in my life

4) I never drink cofee, tea or hot drinks ( I believe hot drinks are very bad for your health and immune system as I believe that they destroy beneficial flora in your stomach

5) I Never been jealous of other people success, why wasting your positive energies being jealous instead of trying to learn how this people make it? remember in life no matter how succesful, how beautiful, how ealthy you are there is always somebody who is more everything than you!

6) I never gossiping

7) I never lose my temper

8) I Never hate people, I find that even the more difficult people if you know how to deal with them, if you know how to make them feel good about themself they will actually be very nice with you.

9) I never used antibiotics in my life and so aspirines and other toxic medicines. I

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Yes, you are what you eat, but also “You are what you THINK”. If you think/belive you are destined to be sick and ill because it runs in your family, or that you are a weak person or a fat person or a thinperson etc, your body will always try to make your mind right. I like what Deepak Chopra about it, he said that the cells in our bodies are like tiny ears listening to our thoughts and acting on them. I am thinking and eating myself strong, healthy and increasingly youthful.

I also take my body, mind and Spirit care seriously. I do spiritual purification practices every day with Earth, air, fire and water.Which I learned about recently which work so well in keeping me refreshed and lively! And my Spirit strong. I do Bikram’s yoga regularily, and Rebirthing Breathwork every day to keep my body and mind vibrant and healthy. I do a job that I love and which makes me very happy. And I am in a strong, equal,loving relationship. I believe all these things are equally important ingredients in keeping me healthy, as well as a 100% raw food diet. Raw food alone won’t do it. But none of those other things alone will “do it” either. I have been working on myself and finding all the things I need to make myself happy and healthy for about 7 years now, and this is what I currently do. It takes time and a lot of experimentation to find what we each need as our special formula of things to make ourselves feel consistently great.

• Hi Zoe, well said, that’s the most difficult thing to make people understand, that’s the only and true secret for optimal health, people who can’t managed that often get annoyed by you, trying to teach them the spiritual lifestyle, people who are not ready they’ll see you under a strange light, they’ll see you like a thread to their lifestyle to their conventional wisdom, majority of people in our society just want fast results without commitments, It always make me sad when I see people in health shops stuffing their trollies with multivitamin, minerals and all different sort of supplements, they’ll do much better if they can give away that amount of money to the poor people ofthis world.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Thanks for your kind words Dan. I have found people quite open to learning about a Spiritual Lifestyle. I guess that is down to me affirming that “I radiate love and acceptance”, which seems to make me loved and accepted by others, no matter how different we may seem on the surface :)

• Excellent way to put it Dan. Some people eat greasy meat with dairy and cooked grains everyday of their life, drink alcohol, smoke and even take some recreational drugs and still manage to live to 100+. They have the genetics, the attitude and do not let things in life get them down. Does that mean everyone should do that? No, most people will not be so lucky but as you say diet is only a small piece of the health puzzle.

• well said Socal, I like the puzzle idea, every individual health is indead a puzzle, people need to find the key to resolve their own puzzle, there is hope for everybody, people with a bad genetic history don’t have to be scared and think they will develop the deasese their relatives had in the past, they just need to live their life following the law of nature combining the right lifestyle with a raw natural diet.

• Zoe, thanks for your posts..I think they’re very inspiring. Dan Charming, I think you have a great attitude as well..you just say what you do and the benefits you, personally, have reaped, without sounding preachy. As far as I’m concerned regarding fats, according to Rainbow green cuisine, I’m a vata body type..and therefore benefit from eating fats with my greens. It’s funny, but one of my favorite things is kale avocado salad and then I read in Cousin’s book that this is an ideal meal for someone of my body type. I like reading things that tell me I’m doing good stuff : )

For me, I think that eating whatever I’m craving that’s raw..not denying myself anything, and having no guilt or regrets about it really helps my digestion and puts a spring in my step! As I progress, what I crave becomes food with very high nutrient to calorie ratio. I just go with it.

Hi Re Dan’s post about it not all being about raw…great to read the things you don’t do and the things you do do. But are you SURE it’s not all about raw? What I mean IS: if you hadn’t switched to a raw diet at 15, are you sure that as a young man you would never have dabbled in drugs, tasted alcohol, smoked, had hot drinks, etc etc? I believe going 100% raw in itself has a profound effect on our whole beings – I’m not surprised you didn’t like the taste of alcohol, as, incredibly (used to drink like a fish) once I’d been raw for three months it started to taste of vinegar to me (and that wasn’t just one bottle!). So, you see, it COULD still all be about raw… :-) Love, Debbie Took

• Hi Debbie

I always despised drugs and alchool, I was too much into healthy living at 15 and thanks to my mum teachings I never been attracted by drugs and alchool, my mum spent a great deal of time telling me about the danger of drugs, showing me documentaries, pictures and cases that I got scared of even trying, I learned with time that if you are in tune with natural laws of nature you are always happy and you don’t need any drug to make you happy, at one point in my group I was the only one who didn’t take any drugs and not drinking alchool, everybody never understood how I could be so hyperactive and naturally very high without drugs, the reason people use drugs and get drunk is to build up their confidence, forget problems, overcome shyness and feel good with themself, I repeat if you follow the laws of nature you will achieve all this naturally. About smooking I tried couple of times smoking cigarettes around 16 but I couldn’t inhale the smoke without starting coughing, I honestly never understood how people can be addicted to that horrible taste. About alchool I tried few sips of champagne, white and red wine when I was 20 but it really made me sick, about hot drinks I used to drink them in the past, I stopped drinking hot drinks 5 years ago. I also want to add another addiction which is sex, it is extremely important in order to reach a perfect balance and a perfect mental and phisycal health not to have promiscous sex, I never had promiscous sex and one night stands in my life, I always had sex combined with a great feeling of love and respect for my partners.

Hi Dan

Wow – you have some mum there! Sounds as if she should be a member of the group (if she is still alive – please forgive me if not; I see there are other DanCharming threads on other subjects, and I’m no doubt missing lots of relevant information). Thank you for replying -all very interesting, and I should think a few more forum members will have fallen in love with you following the comments at the end of your message! Love, Debbie Took, UK

• Hi Debbie

Thank you for your message, my mum she is still alive she lives in Tuscany, Italy, she never used computers and she doesn’t talk english, so I believe she will never write on the forum. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at dancharming10@aol.com if you need any help during your raw journey.

• Altho I think in the end it wouldnt kill us to get a little bad inside to help make us stronger. If we arent broken down a bit from time to time how can we ever get stronger so we can survive what may happen next?

• Spices are not detrimental…simple as that. This is a little bit extreme I think. I personally will never give up spices or onions or garlic. These things make me feel good. And I don’t want to hear that they wouldn’t even if I gave them up for a long time. I have done extensive juice fasting and when I went back to them I didn’t feel bad at all.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Thanks to dan and chris especially, for your description of the effect of 100% raw. It’s GREAT inspiration for a new raw foodist like me – to commit to being completely raw. Thanks chris for creating a dead food list!!!