LYME DISEASE - Help & Cures

rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Has anybody been diagnosed with Lyme Disease and found a way to be cured of it? If you have, please share your experience and what you did to get better…thank you so much.

Comments

• gypsycowgirlgypsycowgirl Raw Newbie

Hi—I wrote up a reply but I am new at this so I don’t know if it got posted so I am writing again. My husband is a naturopathic doc whose specialty is Lyme Disease. It can be difficult to get under control and alot of the chronic fatigue and fibromylgia diagnosis are really Lyme in disguise. Most conventional docs recommend 3 weeks of antibiotics and say your cured but that is not the case and Steve has found a lot of the natural remedies work really well and the bug does not get resistent or go into the cyst form and hide out for a while. If you want, I am sure we could offer some help and hope.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I was diagnosed with Lyme by a homeopath, MS by a neurologist. I was also told that I had mercury toxicity and candiasis. I have improved by eating a raw, alkaline diet. I haven’t recovered totally, I don’t have mobility, but so many symptoms have improved that I had forgotten about having. I also tried a boat load of supplements and I don’t take many now. What I take, Modifilan, Serrapeptase aren’t to fill in the deficiency gaps, but are symptom specific. Lyme is often diagnosed as MS and both create brain lesions if allowed to continue. I bailed on the allopathic community as I feel that medical intervention is not the solution. Some herbs, like cat’s claw and even pumpkin seeds and EVCO are anti-microbial. Maybe Gypsycowgirl can give you more specific advice. My advice is to research the net for natural remedies. There are some. There are even some Lyme forums.

123 is right about the MS—also ALS and Parkinson’s can be confused for Lyme’s. We use Cat’s Claw alot and some other natural remedies along with some conventional methods to treat Lyme. One thing you have to deal with is the die off of the organism because it puts off a nuerotoxin that can cause all kinds of muscle pain, joint pain, rashes, headaches, etc…so you have to use good detox methods and things to bind up the nuerotoxin. There is alot of info out on the web but I would be careful how you go about it. With Cat’s claw you have to start slow—we have seen major reactions with just 1 drop—you have to work your way up, depending on how bad your case is.

To 123—have you had your mercury fillings removed and do you have any root canals? We have found that to be a major issue in MS—my husband has a good success rate with MS—I have seen so many people who were in wheelchairs, up in no time moving around and having normal lives. You need to find a good biological dentist and do some mercury detox afterwards.

I have learned that almost all products for detox recommend doses that are too high. If the bottle says one stopper, did they take into consideration that people of all sizes, with many degrees of toxicity/disease are going to be taking it? I did myself in trying to kill candida with a product called Three-Lac. I took it as suggested and the die-off redistributed and caused my immobility. I always tell members of my MS group to start very slowly with stuff like that. Mercury binds with candida.

Yes, my amalgams were removed by pulling my teeth. I didn’t have a biologic dentist near me and I couldn’t afford Hal Huggins, Guru of dental mercury removal. I had cavities under existing fillings and my teeth would not have been worth saving. I was afraid that the vapors and particles from drilling the amalgams would get in my system since the dentist I used didn’t have a dam or the correct suction. I want to check to see if I have cavitations at some point. No root canals, but I had one removed long ago because I had a reaction to the metal. I have a non-metallic partial by ValPlast. I have done and still do various forms of chelation.

Yes you have to be careful—when I say detox—I really meant are you doing some chelation and if you are doing anything like DMSA—you need to be monitored by someone who knows what they are doing. Sounds like you are well educated about the subject but I would definitely get some cavitations done so you could see if you have any infections where the teeth were pulled. There are some other things my husband does with MS patients but I am not a doctor so I don’t know all of them! I often say I am a NBA-Naturopath By Association (Ha Ha!) but it takes a lot of smarts to know what he knows! We have a Clinic down in Mexico that he treats alot of incurable diseases such as MS—so he has a lot of experience.

I use Modifilan, brown seaweed capsules. The alginates in brown seaweed (kombu, wakame) attract and bind with mercury. I did EDTA IV early in my diagnosis under the guidance of my homeopath, followed by EDTA suppositories. That was 4 years ago. I’ve read a lot about Andy Cutler’s protocol, Frequent Dose Chelation is his forum, but DMSA or DMPS were more chemicals and I didn’t want that. Write me privately and tell me more. MS is only incurable with allopathic modalities.