Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Favorite Detox Method

gymjunkiegymjunkie Raw Newbie

Just wondering what others have done for a successful colon and/or full-body detox. What is your favorite method of detoxing and internal cleansing? Also, how does one know if detoxing is necessary? Thank you in advance for your replies!

Comments

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

From my research and partially form my experience (today is day 21) DO A JUICE FAST. 10 days will flush you out and increase energy, 30 days will heal you of most of your ailments. Though in the middle you might feel discouraged or have whats called fasting lows (low energy and very sore muscles). This is normal. Also, your tongue will turn white and you might get canker sores. I gargle with salt water every now and then to prevent that. Use ONLY non refines sea salt such as real salt or celtic salt.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I like Dr. Schulze’s Intestinal 1 and 2 (appropriately named!). I eat lots of watermelon in the summer, very cleansing. I’m doing Jon Barron’s Cleanse program and like the Colon Detoxifier, but not the Metal Magic. I’m not finished with the liver, ball bladder and bood cleanse. Eating raw food is cleansing in itself, but I wanted something to absorb more toxins. Hence, the clay products that I mentioned. The Master Cleanse is supposed to be good. I haven’t tried it. I think detox is necessary.

• I did a 7-day detox with a green smoothie cleanse. That was great. You can check out my blog post on it (they’ll be a little older) at www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

I really enjoyed doing it. I didn’t really feel that deprived at all.

• gymjunkiegymjunkie Raw Newbie

Thank you so far for the suggestions. Are there any “home remedy” type intestinal/bowel cleases that people out there find particularly powerful and helpful? About how long do these take and what are is the extent of their effect? I really want to get completely “clean” and empty inside, the quicker the better! Thanks again. Keep posting everyone!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

This is an interesting one.

I actually went to a mission where they did a “full body” detox… and nothing invasive. WaHoo! It was basically, salt water flushes and psyllium & liquid bentonite colon cleanses… followed by a tea blood cleanser. All with some supplements every day and hot-cold steam saunas… WonderFul! I do some mini-cleanses here at home with just the flush and colon cleanse… but, not the blood cleanse because I don’t know what’s in the tea. The flush and colon cleanse really works.

But, I am going to try a concord grape fast. Basically, you eat and/or drink (but mostly drink) concord grapes. ...and take some supplements like eletrolytes and other stuff. A few friends of mine did this kind of cleanse… and I’m interested because I recently tasted concord grapes and enjoyed them so much.

• willmizewillmize Raw Newbie

I wrote an article on my website about a 2 hour, salt water cleanse.
    Not for the squeamish and not for frequent use. I would recommend doing it once every 90 days or 6 months due to the amount of salt involved.

Hope it helps!

http://tinyurl.com/ynol2a

• David Wolfe also talks about salt water at his retreats…he says he spent one day at the ocean and drank as much ocean water as possible and felt great the next day…he left out everything that happened in the middle…hehe…thanks willmize…I think I will follow your cleanse this weekend…I will let you know how it comes out…hehe…xox

• Hello there,

I think that the most pleasurable, safe, and easy way to cleanse is to go on a raw fruit juice and fruit cleanse for a week to a month. Stick to only juicy, lighter fruits like citrus, melons, mangoes, papaya’s, pineapples, etc. Avoid denser fruits like dates, and bananas. Avoid avocados and all fats. Tomatoes and cucumbers are also great on this cleanse.

Fruit is very cleansing!! You will definitely do some detoxing unless you have already been on a super pure, simple diet for a long time. Plus you get to enjoy yummy fruit and maintain some energy to get through your day.

Blessings!

Audrey

• gymjunkiegymjunkie Raw Newbie

Thank you everyone for your great suggestions! Willmize, I think I will try that salt water cleanse this weekend. How often can one so such a cleanse? Weekly, monthly, whenever necessary? Keep those responses coming! I am very curious about what methods work well for colon flushing.

• You can saltwater flush as often as needed.. your body does not absorb the salt…

I second, salt water flush. (I usually take 2 qts of the saltwater mixture (mostly water w/ several teaspons salt water) first thing in the morning when the pyloric valve is open. Sometimes, I add a colon cleanser (grape juice with psyllium seed husk and liquid bentonite) followed by a salt water flush the next day. Note, make sure you "flush" before you do the colon cleanser... and make sure you salt water flush the day after a colon cleanser because you don't want that stuff hanging around in your intestines.

Additionally, I like the simpler method of grape juice feast. But, it's not as "fast and cleansing". Just google Grape Cure.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

I think the salt water flush from the Master Cleanse is very effective. I tend to incorporate that into doing a Juice Fast. Today is the first day of my juice fast (i've done these before). I feel great after juicing for atleast 7 days (i try to do a minimum of 10 days). That with the salt water flush makes me feel very "empty" of all toxins. As said above, the longer you do it, the better you feel. The salt water flush works in different ways for different people. My husband will do it and go into the bathroom just once. I do it and I'm in and out of the bathroom for a good hour. I don't mind since I know i'm cleansing my body and my colon. I also found that scraping your tongue is great while your detoxing. It just feels good to get that all off!

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Germin - thanks for the mention of the grape cleanse. I'm going to have to look into that! I'm highly addicted to grapefruits right now, so i'm enjoying juicing those. I think the main thing is to juice what you love. At this point, i'm MAKING myself drink some cucumber celery juice. I know Zoe swears by it, but i have a hard time getting it down. I tend to drink a ton of it at once and then gag once the flavor hits my mouth! I even tried adding an apple this time and can't seem to get past it.... I'll treat myself later to some carrot apple spinach juice.

Hehe, well I'll have to try the cucumber-celery juice.

The grape feast... is ONLY grapes (preferably organic) and it could be grape juice, grapes, or raisins. According to the book, eat only 1 to 4 lbs a day, nothing more, nothing less (the book explains). One tends to crave salt, so add some sea salt. I "worry" about electrolyte imbalance so periodically, try coconut water. Again, the book explains it. I know a couple people who did it for 20 - 60 days. I personally, have only done 2 days. I want to work myself up to a week. As with all fasts, you have to "break a fast" with simple raw foods... like tomato.

I'm not familiar with the Master Cleanse... but it sounds like the salt water flush is similar to my experience. *hehe*

Scraping tongue? Hmmm, maybe oil pulling will help with that... but that's double detox there... read up on that. www.oilpulling.com

Thanks for sharing your experience!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

carrie6292~

Is it the celery or the cuc that is gagging you? I'm not a fan of celery. I had a juice once that sounds like what you are drinking, thinking it would be ok... it was hard getting it down. The person I gave a taste to had the same opinion of it. Some are fans of celery, others not (I'm a not). Next time, more cuc, no celery. Cuc with lemon sounds good to me. :)

Happy cleansing.

EDIT: PS. Hi Germin8~ Long time no see. Glad to see you back. :)

• I went on a seven day grape juice cleanse after reading some literature on the miraculous healing power of grapes,

I also was receiving colonics which really helped me through the process of detoxification.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I am not at a point where I detox just to detox. I've tried juicing all day and it never seems to work out. Lately I've had some digestive upsets and I gravitate towards high fruit diet. I think you have to see what your body responds to. I am not into shocking the body and think it does more harm than good.

• HELP!!!!

After being raw for sometime, I had to stop in July of 2008 due to my job status. Now that I have a great job, I've been live for about a week, mostly doing an apple-beet-spinach-carrot-celery juice everyday. I also have coconut water with bananas, dates, and cacao in the morning and about 3 liters of water a day. Intuitively, I'm staying away from citrus juice and I don't really have an appetite for complicated foods.

PROBLEM: I feel LOUSY!! For the first two days, my eyes were bloodshot red. They finally cleared up, but my chest feels congested, I have body aches, and coughing a sneezing are my two best friends currently. When I drink the apple/vegetable mixture or water I feel tons better. It feels like something's trying to get a hold of me, but it can't quite do it. I know it sounds crazy.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? If so, what did you do? I"m just going to push on through and hopefully by the second week, it'll be a little better. Any response would be greatly appreciated.