Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I loathe winter!!

UGHH! Sorry just need to vent…I can’t stand the winter. I miss fresh awesome produce. I miss sunshine and the beach. Just sayin’.

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

The cold affects me negatively. So does the heat of summer, but I prefer to see green than grey! I moved from a place where the snow drifts higher than the roof but the summer is cooler than where I am now. It’s a trade off. I would love to just stand. Count your blessings.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

oh I do :) I am very blessed. Just a case of the winter blues!

• I’m with you about winter ! Since I live in Texas the winter is sometimes not too bad, often no snow and often does not even freeze, but this last week it went below freezing and I was wondering how people who live in cold climates can take it.
    I was freezing… couldn’t get warm.brrrrrr.
    I just hate it when its freezing outside. I feel trapped inside the house and it drives me nuts.
    I’m trying to use my time well and do some reading. It seems to help.

• A few years ago when I was a more active snowboarder, I was a little more excited about winter. But I hate hate hate being COLD!! And I have been freezing!! The worst is that I am constantly craving warm foods. It is so hard to drink cold green smoothies while I am shivering! I have been putting a lot of food in the oven on warm (won’t fit in my dehydrator) but I am worried that I might be doing too much warming. ....sigh….

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

My BF loves skiing…he is away for the weekend….I am going to learn sometime this winter…until then…ho HUM.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Yeah, the winter is not always that enjoyable…especially if you are on a juice fast!!! Before my fast, I liked the cold, I think mainly because of me taking Hot/ Cold Showers, I did not mind the cold and often (not to brag), I would go out without a coat on or even my short sleeves because it did not feel that cold. Since I started my 30 day juice fast, I got colder. I simply wear more clothing now. I do wish I could grow something outside or go to the farmers market but hey, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh, BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD!!

This day is the Lord’s day. And, without this cold winter day, we would probably not have such a wonderful summer ahead of us with gardens full of crops. All things are done for a reason, and if God says for it to be Cold, by all means, let it be Cold.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

personally i love the winter=) its just so pretty!
    although of course i’d prefer it to be warm and the snow to just be this warm toasty white poof…but alas, we cannot have everything.