Green Smoothie Question

So, I will be starting to make green smoothies in the morning. I just wanted others thoughts on powdered mixes, such as the brand, Berry Green or simply a wheatgrass powder. Do you consider these raw? Should I avoid them? Just curious. Thanks.

Comments

• Just my opinion. I don’t do powdered mixes because I just don’t know what’s in the can. What’s in there, how did they make it, why is it so complicated and expensive? Fresh fruits and vegetables are easy: there’s a bunch of spinach leaves, simple, green, nice, just eat them. I also like the plant-filtered water from fresh fruits and vegetables. Adding tap or bottled water to a mix produced in a factory seems intuitively peculiar to me. I could see using a powdered mix when traveling for extended periods in different parts of the world where you knew you could not get fresh, cheap greens easily.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I agree with shane! use fresh spinach, collards, kale, etc to create a powerful green smoothie. The only powdered veg that I get is spirulina, which is a ocean seaweed.

• I third the emotion, it’s so much easier, tastier, cheaper and healthier to get fresh greens and go that route rather than get it in a can! You will find some are easier to blend, like spinach and kale, than others, and some, such as mustard greens and beet greens, add spice to the mix!

• I use powdered greens for added minerals. I only use the ones we sell at my work. They are tested using DNA fingerprinting of the raw material. That way we can tell if there has been any pesticides, irradiation, or other contamination before we actually use it. I love green mix and I think it is a great way to get the added minerals that are so badly depleted from American soil, organic or not…

I give good quality greens mix a thumbs up!