Juicing and Green Smoothies

After a couple of months of drinking at least one green smoothie a day, my wife and I decided to start incorporating a green juice into our day along with still drinking the green smoothie. We have been drinking the juice in the morning and having the green smoothie in the afternoon. We are about 75-80% raw at this point. Anyway, my wife has started to experience what we think are detox symptoms, but we aren’t sure. She is feeling feverish (about a degree to a degree and a half above her normal temperature) and cold, as well as fatigued. She also has been sneezing and is a little congested. I have not experienced any of these symptoms, but I think this may be because I was more raw than her when she started the juice (I was drinking two green smoothies a day and she was drinking one and I have just eaten more raw generally. I also have experienced my own detox symptoms—mainly breaking out on my face and an increasingly sensitive stomach). Anyway I just wanted to know if anyone does both the juices and the smoothies and if they had experienced any of these symptoms when combining the two…or maybe this is justthe result of adding another very strong raw component to our lives…

Comments

• i just finished reading Raw Food Real World By Matt and Sarma. In the chapter about cleansing and detoxing, matt mentions that he and sarma experieneced unsual symptoms when they first started to get into fasting and cleansing. he says that sarma was more affected than he. however he reassures us that its probably just the body’s normal reaction to abrupt change and will come to pass. everyone is different and everyone’s bodies are different as well.hope this helps. good luck!