Fasting question

I have had super slow digestion for a while and not liking it one bit. I want to do an apple fast, should i add psyllium hulls or slippery elm to some of the juice or apple sauce i make? Do you think the apple mono fast will do the trick just fine? I am going crazy and dont understand why my digestion is slow. I have been told that it may be a little slower because i have cleaned out all the junk and now my body is adsorbing more nutrients of the fruits and veggies i am eating..What do you think. I have been raw (about 95%, not 100% organic all the time and some sashimi a few times) since December 2006

Comments

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Digestion should take 4 hours due to going through the intestines. What is some of the symptoms you are having to give you the impression the digestion is slow?

If you do fast based on the information I read it is best not to add the pulp from the apple such as eating apple sauce because the point of fasting is to give your digestive system a break. I heard adding psyllium husk is ok. It is suppose to help with using the bathroom but I feel if your digesting something then doesn’t that mean that it isn’t giving the digesting system a break also?! I am not sure. I hope you find something that works.

• I used to go to the bathroom like 4 times a day now it is only like once a day

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

In that case it would be good to do a cleanse. Did you change your diet? I know there are certain foods high in protein and fiber takes longer to digest.

• Not really, it hasnt changed that much. over the past two weeks i have not eaten hardly any dehydrated foods and nothing has changed yet. I eat mostly fruit and salads. i just dont get what i am missing….....

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Try the cleanse and see if it will help. At first you won’t use the bathroom when you start eating again but you will eventually you will. In the master cleanse they suggest a herbal tea that works like a laxative. Senna leaves are a good example. The tea will help get rid of some of the waste built up. I didn’t use it that much because I assumed my body will get rid of the build up naturally when it’s ready. It could be possible that you are absorbing more of the foods and nutrients and there isn’t much waste left. If push come to shove I will go to a naturopathic doctor.

• Thanks so much! I have been told that my body is most likely absorbing more but i still dont feel ‘normal’ i just feel heavy. you have been a big help. i have thought about getting a tea to help during the fast

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I am glad I helped!