Hurtin

Well I am in a bit of a situation. I have just finished – or rather stopped a day short of – a colon cleanse. I have been on an apple juice and water cleanse for 4 days now. Problem is the cleansing part isnt happening.I have been taking psyllium seed husk and bentonite clay for the last 4 days too so I have a lot in me right now so it is not for lack of “bulk” There is a bowel stimulator pill that you have to take but it hasnt been working and I am getting rather ill and in alot of pain. My tummy is in knots but I just cant “go”! The cleanse suggests an enema each night before bed but I dont have an enema kit and I have 3 little kids to deal with so it would be really difficult to take an hour and sit in the bathroom. On the other hand, this is rather debilitating as well. Any suggestions? Could I do a salt water flush instead? At least then I can get up and move around for most of the time. Anyone please? Thanks. Jaclyn.

Comments

• when I was doing the master cleanse the salt water flush would relieve me immediately. I would take a big glass of water and add 2 tbls of salt and suck it down as quickly as possible.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Also make sure you are drinking a lot of water. You may want to check with the Co. They may be able to guide you. It sounds like you need more stimulator tabs. You sometimes need more when you get to the juice fast part. The salt water flush didn’t work at all for me, but everyone is different.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

remember, though, with the MC, you have to take the laxative tea the night before, then flush in the morning

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

if you’re totally opposed to an enema, then maybe try adding a lemon into your apple juice, or two lemons.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

I’ve been in your situation before and it sounds to me like an enema will really help you right now difficult as that may be to schedule. For future cleanses you may want to look into psyllium free fiber mixes. Personally I find psyllium impossible to digest no matter how much water and lemon and bowel stimulators I take with it.

The other supplement that might help get things going ( and I’m not pushing for tons of supplements here but…) is ayurvedic Triphala. Its a great detoxifyer and tones the digestive tract but not with any harsh stimulant effect like cascara sagrada etc…

Good luck! I feel your pain!