Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Crazy Stomach Issues!!!

Does anyone have any insight as to why when I eat, I can feel everything going on in my stomach within minutes and NOW because it never used to happen, I wind up with a horrible bloated gaseous belly?

Upon waking, I like to have Green Lemonade. About an hour later I’ll have some fresh fruit for breakfast. If I’m still hungry I’ll have another piece of fruit. For lunch it’s always a salad which can consist of any of the following: lettuce, tomato, zuchinni, squash, cucumber, cilantro, mushroom, scallions, brocolli, carrots and sometimes walnuts or raisins or beans. When I get home, I usually have a snack of raisins or nuts. Dinner is usually a raw soup. If I feel like cooked food, I will boil some whole grain pasta with steamed vegetables.

I have never had so many issues with my stomach and I think I should definitely be going to the bathroom more. It’s the craziest thing. Breakfast is fine, though sometimes I can feel my tummy kicking around inside. Come close to lunch time, I can feel the gas build up and my stomach starts to bloat before I even eat. Then of course I eat and Woo Nellie…here comes the dance in my belly. I feel every single movement. After that it’s more bloat and gas. I don’t get it! Once that discipates, come close to dinner time…again with the bloat and gas. HELLO…anyone have a clue here?

Comments

• I had similar issues and I think there are two possible explanations that I see:

1) You are not combining the right foods- which does not seem to be the case according to your meal description.
    2) You may not be giving yourself enough time between meals or mini meals. Yes, fruit needs to go into the belly first, but you follow it with something else and the fruit has not yet left your stomach, it will ferment and cause bad gas.

But really, your description sounds pretty good. I will be curious to see what insights others have to offer. Stay strong! :)

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

When I get that gas build up,I take a teaspoonful of carb soda in a glass of water,this makes you burp and then I feel fine.I think the stomach gets too much acid from the combination of everything,and the soda alkalines it.Hope that makes sense!
    I feel better if I don’t have anything with grains in it also.

• JDJD

Thank you for your response Marysia. You are right, it’s not miscombining of foods and if I ever miscombine I make sure it is the last meal of the day so my stomach has a full night to digest it (this is not often enough to be the problem. In fact it’s rarely). As far as fruit goes, the one that I make sure to separate is the banana. If I have a bowl of fruit in the AM (could be oranges, apples, strawberries or pineapple) but also want a banana, I will wait at least a half hour after my bowl of fruit (actually more like an hour) to have the banana because it takes 45 minutes as opposed to a half hour to digest like the other fruit. Might not be necessary to do but I know the banana will hold the rest in my tummy if eaten together. After that, it’s at least 3-4 hours before lunch but before lunch…the nightmare begins and I just don’t get it. Why would I have such horrible gas and bloating before I eat lunch? Might I have some sort of digestive enzyme issue? Do I maybe need a digestive enzyme supplement? I’ve been looking into that lately but not sure if that’s my problem seeing how my stomach is empty when these problems occur. Then when I eat it’s like I don’t even want to because of discomfort.

I’m clueless!!

• I actually dealt with gas issues for a LONG time.. I did start taking probiotics and I do think this helped. Maybe you could start drinking kambocha before lunch? It is packed with probiotics and is raw and full of good stuff that a healthy digestive track needs. But its true, I have never seen someone be SO good about food combining!

• JDJD

Thanks Marysia. This information is totally new to me. I started looking into it and perhaps the whole pH balance might help me.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Do you think you might be having troubles with cruciferous vegetables, pundee? I notice that with myself, those often give me tummy rumblings and other embarrassing problems, while other veggies and greens do not. Maybe you can experiment by backing out of that group for a while, see if things settle down for you. Then introduce them back in one by one, to see which give you the most troubles.

• It’s probably just a matter of giving your stomach time to adjust and learn to digest these potent and healthy foods. I would also take care with chewing, making sure you chew everything down to nearly liquid before swallowing.

• JDJD

Thank you everyone. I can see I am not alone with this problem. All of your responses have encouraged me to stay on track and try some adjustments. Sounds like my body is just trying to adapt to my new eating habbits and having a bit of a horrific time.

• You may have an issue with parasites or bacterial overgrowth. I had the same gassy/bloated thing and cured it with a 3 day juice feast. After the 3 days I no longer had gas when I ate and now never get bloated at all…which is so miraculous for me:)
    The other thing may be the grains or crucifeous vegs. They are MURDER on my poor tummy. They may even be affecting you th day after you eat them (if you eat them for dinner and they’re slow to digest) and just need to fully clear you system.
    Also, I’d avoid the raisins and nuts if I were you and see if that makes a difference at all.

One last thing I just thought of…you’re making the green lemonade for breakfast. I had to stop drinking anything with lemon in the morning because it acts as such a powerful laxative for my body and would upset me all day. Maybe try one day without it??

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have had the same thing happening lately, just since I quit eating meat and started eating a ton more salad/greens than ever before. I feel like it is just that my body is cleansing. I have started drinking lots of water between meals and I am going to do a major cleanse sometime in the next month to help the process along.

• JDJD

I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for all of your help. Turns out it was a (cruciferous) kale overload issue. My oh my was that bad. I stopped drinking my green lemonade for a couple days and then used cucumber instead of kale and my system cleared up. I just reintroduced kale but am not using it in every drink. I now switch it up with cucumber or just use romaine. Tummy is so much better. THANKS EVERYONE!

I finally looked in Louise Hay’s book “You Can Heal Your Life.” She says some probable causes are: gripping. fear. undigested ideas. Haha, I realized I hadn’t yet digested the idea of the drastic changes I have just made. I spent a whole day just researching, stretching, meditating, and just allowing my mind to digest these new ideas. My system has totally calmed down. Thank you all.

Garlic digests better when eaten with some kind of fat – olive oil, avocados, etc. This is said to be true of any food with a high sulfur content – radishes, onions, garlic, watercress, arugula, bee pollen, mustard, horseradish, durian, hot peppers, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, spirulina, blue-green algae, & cruciferous vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, kale, etc.