Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green smoothies fast?

RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

I’m going to start a green smoothie fast tomorrow. anyone want to do it with me??

Comments

• RawKarateGirl I tried I tried I really wanted to but I cxannot drink too many gr.smoothies when it is cold.I work in the coldest place ever. Maybe I could join a gr. smoothie fast this springtime or summer. I envy you,good luck and let us know how you do!!!!

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

Thanks mham! I will keep you posted.

• Hi RawKarate Girl.. i’ll do it with you. i actually started today though.. it wasn’t so bad. what are you having for breakfast?

Yeah!! I was hoping some one whould do it with me!!

How many days are you doing it??? I was thinking maybe 3 an then I will see how I feel.

• I was thinking 14 days then see how I feel. I want to do the 92 day juice feast. I keep putting it off because something comes up like a company party and they are going out of their way to buy me raw food so I have to eat it. Or My best friend from high school is flying all the way from Georgia to California to see me and I was going to wait until she left to start but I’m ready. She comes March 3rd. I’m feasting until then and if I can I will do it while she is here. If not I will eat light raw food and then start again when she leaves. I feel like I’m always making excuses for myself so it’s time to just shut up and start this thing!..

Thats great!! keep me posted how you do.

• I would love to join but I think I need to get a new blender first!

I wish you could to smoothielove. I’m sure I will do it again soon.

How are you doing so far steamboatkatie?? I messed up but will try again.

• Im doing one right now too! Im easing myself into it though because I ate HORRIBLY this weekend lol

So I’m doing smoothies for breakfast and lunch (with a half bottle of kombucha) and a raw dinner. Then a cup of Senna Leaf tea.

How are things going for y’all??

• today is my 3rd day. It was the hardest. The first day was the easiest. Luckily tomorrow is my friday so after my 3 day hump I’ll be able to rest and relax at home!

• I have been thinking of doing this, and starting with one week. I’m just trying to figure out how to transport the smoothie to work. I guess a traditional thermos?

I use a thermos and works good.

• I am doing a juice fast right now. Started 2/18, so I am on day 4 today. Let me ask some gross questions (pleeeeeeeese):

1 – I drink the senna tea everyday, day one and two had results, nothing since. I DO NOT want to to the enames. So must find different solution. I thought about the salt thing, and understand it gives quick results, but I need to know for how long? I only have a few hours in the morning, and can not stay home all day with the runs.

2 – I felt great on raw (after a week of detox) now I feel the detox again, does it make sense, while on the diet everyone say: “listen to your body,” Isn’t feeling so bad, your body telling you to stop?

• Hey Techelet. Today is my day 6. I have some of that senna tea so I might try that. But I did get the enema kit and I have done 2 of them. So yeah, it was weird but refreashing.. I’ve done the sea salt drink in the past when I was doing the master cleanse. I would get up 2 hours before I had to go anywhere and by the time I left I was fine. Just make sure you take the drink as soon as you get up. I was eating 100% raw for 3 months before I started doing the juice fast and today I’m detoxing hard. I have head aches, my tongue is yellow and my teeth feel like fur. I’m exausted and all I want to do is lay down. Hopefully tomorrow is better. I’ve just made a cacao juice and i’m going to take a shower to see if I feel better. I’m doing it with 3 other people here. my sister and our boyfriends. It’s funny when we are all together. One of us is always the happiest then a sad one then a pissed off one then a tired one. we all take turns with the moods. lol. But I have to keep telling myself this will pass.. Good luck

• Thank you. I am doing it with my husband (not as easy as it sounds). He is sooooooo grampy the kids are tip-toeing around him (but we love him so, he gets to stay). today, day 4, I feel so much better, I still have headache, but also feel fresh and energetic. The cacao juice sound wonderful, and will be a good change from the usual salad juice. Can you share the recipe and how was it. To be on the safe side I am going to try the SWF on Satuarday. How long are you going for? I thought 7 days, but I will have to see, my husband has to get off on Friday evening, lets see what happens when it is just me.

• My sister showed me how to make this.. in cacao juice I take 1/4 cup hemp seeds. 1/4 cup cashews. with 2 3/4 cup water. Blend for awhile until no chunks. while it’s blending I add I vanilla bean (seeds) , spoonful of coconut butter, 1 tbs spoon agave or honey, 2 big spoonfuls of cacao. When it’s done blending it’s warm. I have a vitamix so it blends really well. Sometimes I’ll take a double boiler and poor the blended mixture in and keep stiring for about 4 mins just to warm it a little more and then it’s like drinking hot chocolate! Yum. After I double boil it I put it back in the blender and it makes it frothy like a latte. I never heat it to where it is hot. not over 105 degrees. It never burns my mouth when I drink it. I know this sounds like a lot but it literally only takes me maybe 10 mins to make the drink. It’s plenty for my boyfriend and I to have big glasses full.

• Sound amazing. I printed it out, I think it will be my first drink after coming off the Juice Fast. Yammmmmm.

• Please,please let me know if anyone plans to do a green fast in the spring. So envious,keep going and let us all know how you are doing!

• I’m gonna go for Global Juice Feasting but I’ll be tagging along two days behind since I have an important committee meeting on the 1st and will be eating at Cafe Gratitude (yum!). I’m thinking of doing a quick salt cleanse on the 2nd before starting on the juice feast.

• Ilovesnowie, how does the salt cleanse work?

www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

• Hi Sky Princess, check out the salt cleanse thread http://www.goneraw.com/forums/6/topics/1837