Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Does anyone still drink coffee??

2»

Comments

• I think people knock coffee here a little bit too much. There has been plenty of literature lately to support the beneficial properties of coffee, especially that it is a powerful antioxidant. Personally- I don’t really drink coffee- it makes me quite crazy… My good friends ask “are you on caffeine?” They can tell right away. LOL.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

raw x 3~ Thankx! I’ll try the Gingerade next. I tried to finish the bottle have now in one try… nope… two tries for the time being. :) It is suppose to have some floaties in it? I’m presuming the floaties are part of the mushroom or something and are ok to consume. The bottles says not to shake it. At first that confused me. I was thinking it had to do with not stirring up stuff from the bottom… then when I noticed it was fizzy, I figured it was because of the fizziness… the adventure of trying something new. 8)

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

Just quit coffee about a week and a half ago and can really feel the energy from green smoothies now…wow….also I picked up some roasted chocory at the health food store, it’s a great alternative, I like it!

• I still drink coffee and tea, but if I drink a juice or smoothie first, I cannot stand the taste of tea or coffee afterwards.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

i’m with JoyceH on this one. i love the smell. I love the taste. It’s my vice, though I’m not condoning it. I will say I can no longer tolerate the taste of coffee that is not organic, freshly ground and brewed in a french press. Now if someone would just open a Fair Trade coffee shop serving raw desserts, wouldn’t that be true heaven!

• After you stop drinking caffeine beverages (and eating other caffeine products) for a number of weeks or months you will feel a big change the next time you try anything with caffeine. Try it and see for yourself. It will make most people reconsider their addictions.

• I can finally say that it has been two weeks since I have had coffee. I really don’t miss it that much. I still make it for my husband, and I enjoy the smell.
    But I have been satisfied with a cup of herbal or green tea, but that’s still hot. =\

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I quit coffee (the daily coffee) about a year and a half ago but the only reason I have been successful is because I haven’t been working a schedule where I have to get up in the morning so I get lots of sleep. Once I start working an early schedule again, i don’t know how long it will last. I still will have some coffee (vegan organic of course) if I go to a restaurant for brunch or something.

I don’t think I will feel that guilty about if I go back. I figure there could be worse things I could be eating or drinking or putting in my bod. :)

I still have my nice Cuisinart Brew and Grind in storage – just in case. :)

• Coffee is acidic!! and it’s a stimulant! & not raw!!
    I have had 2 cups every morning for the last 8+ years – until last week. I have been cutting it with Teeccino (an herbal coffee) that’s made from carob, chickory, and other stuff. They have tips on how to use it to get off coffee on their website. It’s now raw either, but it tastes AMAZING and it’ll help me get off the caffeine which is just plain not good for the body. I’m raw to be good to my body!

• I think coffe is ok, as long as you don’t drink it every day and you are not addicted to it. FuzzyWuzzy I think we eat soo much alkaline food that sometimes a bit of acidic doesn’t hurt! Sometimes I drink it if I’m on an early shift(I have to get up at 4 am), but most of the time I drink green tea.

• I drink some coffee.. with fresh raw milk ( like 2 days old I get it from a local Amish farmer).... and raw sugar

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I LOVE COFFEE even though it’s not raw, but it makes me happy so I have one really nice latte a week and a savor it!! I’m going to look into the dandelion root tea, though.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

There are some beverages that CAN be eaten not raw such as teas and broths which ARE good for you. Coffee however, is the quick fox for an unhealthy lifestyle. It is WAY too much caffeine which messes up the nervous system and is really bad for you. caffeine has shown to be medicinal. It is good to make you breathe better but any herbalist that use it use VERy little of it. I would simply avoid it. Raw foods should give you all the energy you need.

• i love the smell and taste of coffee. i cannot give it up right now…but i have cut down. i drink daily detox tea first thing in the morning then have coffee about 2 hours later at work.then water the rest of the day and maybe a glass of organic wine at night.hey…nobodys perfect.

• I used to think that it was okay too, flybaby, until I read this: http://hippocratesinst.org/Volume26Issue4.aspx?...
    I realize that no one’s perfect, but I have been pretty tough on my body in the past, so I’m just trying to give it ‘rocket fuel’ from now on instead of ‘lighter fluid’ :-)