Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Vegetarian/Vegan

I was wondering why everyone went vegetarian/vegan. I’m a vegetarian but working my way up to vegan. I went vegetarian after I watched mad cowboy and now even looking at meat is disgusting!

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I noticed when I was a kid that meat made me feel sick and sluggish. Later, as a teen, I started noticing how young boys were growing doughy-fat and growing breasts and young girls were reaching puberty years younger. I thought it was the added hormones our meat and milk had. Haha I was right.

When I was in highschool I opted out of meat and milk. I”m not vegan, though. I don’t have a problem wearing wool and while I will try to educate others sometimes about the abuse in the commercial meat industry, I won’t aggressively torment them.

• I initailly went vegetarian when I was 13 primarily because my sister did it. Lame I know but i copied everything she did at the time. But as I learned more about the health aspects and the animal cruelty my decision solidified. later, when i was about 17, i worked in a vegetarian restaurant attached to a vegetarian grocery store, and had everything at my disposal. so during that time i was vegan for the most part. then when i went off to college i was in a small town with no vegetarian option in the cafeteria except cheese pizza. i remained vegetarian for about a year in college but eventually fell off the wagon and started eating meat again. after college i went back to veg, then back to meat, and more recently, started RAW and I couldn’t be happier. this has been the easiest way ever for me to eat healthfully, avoid fattening foods like pasta and cheese, and still eat great food that I start to crave. i vowed off milk about a year ago when i watched “the corporation” it’s about some reporters who uncovered all this hormone crap at Monsanto – one of the biggest dairy corporations, and how nasty all the stuff is that is in it.

• I went vegetarian because I started keeping chickens – I couldn’t actually think of eating meat after that!

• I went vegetarian, because of my digestion problems, eczema and weight problems. I alwas loved fruits and vegetables and ate a lot of them. I couldn’t even eat any meal without a lot of mainly raw vegetables.

• I became a vegetarian becasue of the nutritional benefits.

I went vegetarian a few years ago after my first Master Cleanse. I started the cleanse becasue I felt real fatuigued and sluggish and learned that it was probably due to toxins building up in my body. I felt great after the cleanse and wanted to stay that way so I stopped eating meat. (I actually lost all desire to eat meat after the cleanse). Turns out I really took to being a vegetarian, I absolutly love it – both for health and moral reasons. Going RAW is even better!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

When I stopped being SAD, I went directly to vegan because of health issues. Dairy and eggs contain proteins that I just don’t digest well. Since that time, 4 years ago, my moral consciousness has kicked in and I don’t want anything animal in my diet, not only for the good of the animals and myself, but also for the health of the Earth.

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

I went vegetarian when I was eleven (though I ate stuff like marshmellows cause I wasn’t aware of gelatin at the time) because of my love for animals. I actually really wanted to be one alot from reading the Babysitter’s Club.. and the one girl was one. I thought it was a disease… I was like, “I wish I had that disease”
    But then my sister became one and I figured I could too then. She stopped and here I am still going.
    I went Vegan a year ago when I learned about the torture they go through… though, I would probably still eat eggs if I had a chicken I raised on my own.

I had to delete my post because I made a huge mistake( eating while typing is dumb, haha). What I meant to day was when i made my first contribution to an animal shelter, I was also eleven:-D

• I went vegan because I had pre-cancerous cells on my cervix. After reading A LOT of books most of them suggested a vegitarian lifestyle to help with the pre-cancerous cells. I didn’t want to die young so I turned vegan the next day.. 3 years later vegan and now raw and pre-cancer cell free. I did not want to be one of the statistics.

• This is my 2nd time around. This time I did it for health. My GI track was a mess, not to mention I was always tired. I am a pure vegetarian (vegan diet).

That is awesome, steamboatkatie! Good for you:-) Did you have to have any conventional treatment?