Not new from UK

Hello, I have been trying to go raw for ages. I am gradually finding things that we both like which is raw, but I am still drawn to my husbands marvelous cooked dinners. They are so moreish. I am hoping to get us raw by stealth. LOL. When I find things which we like I do them often and I hope one day that our pallettes (?spelling?) will tell us to change rather than force us while we still like cooked. Nothing beats the lightness that comes when we’ve had a guilt free raw meal.

Comments

• It has been hard for me to go Raw too! Today is my first day of being as raw as much as possible. I might allow myself some greek yoghurt as I feel dairy will be the hardest for me to give up :/ It sounds like you are doing the right things, checking out what you like before jumping in. You’ll have to get your husband to try out some fabulous raw recipes instead of cooked ones ;)

• Yes, I hate cooking, but what I am hoping is that his inventiveness will kick in with the raw food.and that he will get to enjoy making food with me.

• I love cooking – and that’s the problem! Cutting up a few veggies it not really like cooking a cooked meal, but I am getting there. I am trying a green smoothie fast starting today, it is a good way to get into raw food and to detox. Inventing smoothies is great fun too!