Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Peaches

rawgirl1976rawgirl1976 Raw Newbie

Hello, I live in Phoenix Arizona and I have 2 Peach Trees in my back yard. Next month I will have hundreds of peaches and they are only good for about 2 weeks. Does anybody have any ideas about recipes that I can make and then freeze or can you dehydrate them and if so how long will they last then. Thank you

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Sorry I don’t have any personal experience ‘proper’ answers for your question,I just had to say, oooh you lucky thing I am green with envy! They are my favourite and I can only get good peaches for maybe a couple of weeks a year, and even then, maybe only one out of three is a good one. If I were you I’d be eating them 24/7, and juicing them and guzzling as much of it as I possibly could. I would probably do a peach fast!I can’t imagine anything more gorgeous than having a couple of peach trees. Thinking about it though, maybe you could find a lovely raw ice cream recipe and make peach ice cream, that would keep in the freezer for a bit. Or peach cookies. And I am sure they would dehydrate fine and keep for as long as you wanted them to in that form too. Hope you enjoy them!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I wish I could help but I eat peaches as is. I never thought I liked it because I hate peach flavored drinks or candy but I found out a few years ago that I love the taste. I rarely get good ones. Just the other day I bit into one and it was brown on the inside. Maybe you can sell them.

• You are lucky!! My daughter, Supernova, was born at home after 3 trimesters of organic peaches and sunflower sprouts and greens. We had Oregon peaches and froze them ripe. We blended them frozen. Good times! the only other foods on the menu that year were sunflower sprouts and sunflower greens. A high sugar diet, but good memories!

• Living in Ga., I wait all year for this:

The BEST Peach Soft-Serve:

2 frozen bananas

1fresh peach

a little vanilla bean

pinch of sea salt

whip it all up in the vitamix.

• Why don't you give them away to friends or homeless people? Whats with this desire to horde and not share with other's the fruits of life...

Give it away you'll have more next year...

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Oh my gosh, you're so lucky! I pick peaches every week at my local orchard, but I would love to have my own trees!

As far as recipes, chopped peaches and blueberries mixed together in a bowl is awesome. :)

Swayze

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Freeze them and use in smoothies.

Maybe take the pits out first!!!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Oooh, peaches and mangoes is another good combo, blended or just chopped up together. :)

Swayze

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Yup peaches and mango is one of my favorite smoothies.

Ive been eating alot of both recently.