Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Body Building

Hey everyone. A couple of weeks I started working out with a couple of guys from work who are… well huge! They take protein shakes and eat like crazy (we’re talking pizza, hot dogs, almost anything). Now… being raw I refuse to do that – including the protein shakes; however, I weigh 130 and I’d like to be around 150-155. I work out extremely hard everyday – always a different body part. My question is what should I be eating to gain this weight? Thanks :)

Comments

• Mung beansprouts and wheatsprouts, pumpkin seeds and hempseeds are high in protein, they very good after workout. You could make your own protein shakes from hemp seed powder, bananas, some greens and maybe some spirulina powder. (This also contains a lot of protein and essential amino acids)
    It is basically like a green smoothie, with some added protein.

For complex carbothydrates you can add buckwheat sprouts and rye sprous to your diet.

• Seize, try Storm’s ebook ,”Raw Vegan Body Building Muscle Mass” at thegardendiet.com. He’s almost 60 years old and still known for his body builders physique after being raw for over 35 years.

• You both have been a wonderful help! I so greatly appreciate the advice. I will definitely order that book – and flybaby it’s good to know abou thte buckwheat which I eat regularly and the smoothies… just hate the taste of the spirulina powder… may have to do the capsule instead, hehe. Thank you both again. :)

• RawLove – Those videos are filled with some of the most inspirational words about raw I have ever heard. He is truly an amazing man and I commend him for his dedication to helping others and talking the word of raw. I stayed up until 1am watching his videos and couldn’t get enough. His simple approach is what its all about and I think even some of us in this community make it ‘harder’ than it has to be sometimes… thank you so much again. :)

• Yea he really knows what hes talkin about… and unlike alot of us he has gone thru his transisining/detox phase and he is livin the life … so he is a real good example for all of us…check out his website to.. www.fruitarianfitness.com... i see you stay pretty close to me to.. im up in jacksonville.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Sprouted lentils are high in protien. I add Maca to my fruity smoothies. I have been told muscle built on raw is denser and better quality then that built on the fluffy overstuffed meat head diet! Apparetnly you keep the muscle mass longer if you happen to stop lifting for a while as well!

I am sttarting to train again, partially for me, partially to prove you don’t have to scaf back tons of meat and egg whites to look buff!!!

Hmmm, this is’t really alot of help is it? More of a ‘go man, go’! :)

Let’s prove to the world (at least our worlds) that the mainstream idea of protien is a myth!

• There are raw protein shakes. Look into that especially if you are body building.

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master
    • banana .
    • avacado .
    • ground seeds and nuts , whole and on salads or in smoothies . buy raw whole seasame / flax / sun etc , the sesames great in banana smoothies , the flax great on salads . coarse chopped walnuts great on salads . almond milk great with bananas mixed in .
    • ground seeds and nuts are thee ultimate protein powder , cheap and fresh ground in your blender . and first 18 months i lost weight on raw , but here at 28 months im 10 lbs heavier then when started raw .
    • cold pressed oils like extra virgin olive oil salad dressing . loaded up with garlic to replace salt because ive found ive greater endurance without salt . i put a tiny amount of sea salt in my dressing .
  • michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

ps – you know when your typing reply and you go to right side to click the scroll icon to return to top of post to reread and you click the ’ formating help ’ info instead and its hard to scroll upward . well i’ll give anyone a billion dollars ;) if they can move the ’ formating help ’ info over a half inch to the right so i never accidentally click it again :)