Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dehydrating veggie pasta?

SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Dehydrating veggie pasta?

Comments

• I’ve also heard that you can sprinkle the pasta with some salt and let it sit to soak up the extra fluid. You can rinse all the salt off before you serve.

• The salt makes sense doesnt that also pull out impurities that give bitter tastes? Besides less liquid more flavor.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

when i have the time, i coat my zucchini pasta with olive oil and salt and let it sit in a colander over a bowl for about an hour and a half. it really gives it a great flavour, and dont worry about the salt, most of it comes right out and will be salty greenish liquid in the bowl under your colander!

• Useful suggestion elizabthh.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

i do the same as elizabeth, except I rinse the salt out and squeeze it dry after. I only use courguette or seaweed for pasta.Does anyone use any more unusual veggies to make pasta from?

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

sweet potato spiralized and soaked in water for an hour or two (to remove some of the unpleasant starchy flavor) with tomato sauce makes a delicious pasta substitute. also kelp noodles, if you can find them, are supposed to be very good (i’ve never tried them).

• i’ve heard of spiralizing carrots, too. i just got my spiralizer so i plan on trying it, if it works out, i’ll let you know. i’ve been thinking about how to dehydrate pasta too to try, so i’ll be experimenting and let you know how it goes.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

I’ve spiralized parsnips. I mixed them with sweet potato to make an orange and white mixture. It was good. I’ve also done carrots and cucumbers (separately, not mixed). I love carrots in general, so spiralizing makes them fun to eat. I wonder if eggplant would work… one would need to salt them for a bit before eating. I think any semi-firm or hard veggie works.

• Hey bluedolfin, I have a question for you…or anyone. Does eating too many nuts…like in an onion bread w/cashew mayo hurt your tummy if you eat too much? And I don’t mean like your stuffed. Mine began hurting a few hours later. I realized I haven’t had too much water today. But I usually have salads and green smoothies. We’re new to raw eating…for 2 months.

Jesusgirl~ Each tummy is different. :) For some they can eat tons of nuts and they are happy as a clam. Others, if they even sniff a nut they are an unhappy camper. Drinking lots of water is a good thing especially if you have some tummy upset… flush the offending item out as soon as possible. Try the mayo on something else. If the same thing happens, you just might have a tummy that doesn’t fully appreciate that much cashew mayo. If your tummy is fine, then it might have been something different that was the upsetting item. This is all a learning process for all of us. And to make things interesting, as your body evolves it will tell you different things like it likes cashews today and not like cashews sometime later or whatever. Going raw or adjusting your diet in any way nutritionally, you will being to hear “messsages” from your body clearer and clearer. Enjoy the journey and the adventure.

• Thank you so much Bluedolfin.

Jesusgirl~ My privilege. Keep exploring the website, asking questions, and paying it forward. :)