Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Skin care...

Does anyone use something that really seems to work for their skin,healing/nurturing/aging aside from what i am using rght now,coconut oil daily,clean highraw diet,skinbrushing etc.
Just curous to find out about something that i could include.

i use also straight avacados and lemons as masks…anyone else???
Hope to find some new and interesting skin remedys…THANK-YOU.

Comments

• I make facial toner from some water, apple cider vinegar, rose water, honey and a few drops of tea tree oil. the quantity depends on your skin type, If your kin is dryer, you can use less acv, and more honey and rose water(as I do).

I also apply honey water or cucumber slices as a mask and sometimes I rub my skin with slices of fruits like apples or kiwis. I like washing my face with green tea or rub my face with the leftover teabags, after I made my tea.
    Sometimes I also use the avocados like you mham, but I haven’t tried the lemons yet, cos I think they are too acidic for my dry skin.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I like hemp oil for taking makeup off and moisturizing. There is a great group and threads about this on the site Give it to me Raw… http://www.giveittomeraw.com/group/rawbeautyfas…

Cheers!
    Kristen Suzanne

• Sounds like you are doing more than most people do! A high raw diet and skin brushing are awesome in keeping glowing skin. Do you brush your feet? The bottoms of your feet have the largest pores, so it is very good to do this often. My mom actually does this every night.

I use a facial toner with Witch Hazel and Lavender Essential Oil. I actually sell it at my online boutique or you can just mix it up yourself! kcnaturals.net It is great to use in the morning and evening. This is the only thing that I have found that keeps my skin from getting the occassional break out.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

My easthitician recomended organic yogurt. She puts it on like a mask and leaves it for a few minutes, then rinses it off. Then she moisturizes with coconut oil. The yogurt goes against veganism, but I have tried it and my skin is looking as great as hers. She is an all natural sort of girl, doesn’t wear a stich of make up. The yogurt gently exfoliates. You can also try a strong brew of green tea as a toner. obviously chilled!

• Hi,Thanks fo rall of the great advice!!!
    How do you use green tea???? Is it drying as an astringent? I think now in my stage of life I need more healing,and moisture.

Kristenintheraw,I will def. look at the site,thank-you and.
    Luna blu,the yogurt sounds interesting,I may try OH!!!! I love your pic.,is that your kittycat?

Thanks again and anymore interesting ideas very welcome….

• Luna blu,just read a bit of your story,glad that is not your kittycat,I agree not very nice,and unsure if that is a happy kitty. I guess at first glance I thought it was kind of cute.
    Aside,are you using the coconut oil or butter and have you found a difference?Thanks.

• Kristenintheraw,enjoyed lokking at the site,thank-you.

Hey all, the green tea is good for acne! It may be drying if zitters aren’t your issue. I changed my pic as you can probably see. No that is not my kitty. I would never do that, how humiliating for the cat. No he does not look happy at all. I do have a warped sense of humour so it tickled my funny bone a bit. But seeing as some people may think it’s my cat and I am cruel, I have changed my picture!

Here is another facial care thing. Raw honey, with a drop or two of fresh lemon juice, Slice paper thin cucumber. Spread honey on skin and then cover face with cucumber slices. You have to do this laying down with a hand mirror if you are alone or you can get a friend to help. Keep this on for 20 min. It is very hydrating! Rinse it off and apply coconut oil. Your face will look and feel nice.Oh ya, you should do the yogurt thing first to exfoliate!

Mham, I have been using a combo of all the things I mentioned, so I am not sure which thing to attribute the results to!

• Coconut oil is your skin’s best friend, inside and out.

You can mix any kind of fruit or veggie just about with a clay such as kaolin, to make a masque. The clay gives it that tightening effect while the fruits and veggies provide skin a direct source of antioxidizing enzymes and vitamins. I have been making organic handmade skincare products for several years now (many of which are “raw”):
    www.greenridgeherbals.com

• hello everyone just a quick question where do you guys find the coconut oil? I recently bought a big jar of raw coconut oil thats thick. is this somewhat what you guys are talking about? i’ld reall like to try it on my face!

JKMN, I buy mine at a local health food store. It has to be extra virgin and cold pressed. It isn’t cheap that’s for sure! It will be solid untill you place it on your skin then it liquifies. You don’t need alot for your face, just a tiny amount will do for during the day. If you want to put more at night you can.